Staff Rendering Engineer
Warner Bros.San Francisco, CA
Full Time Job
At WBG San Francisco we are bringing some of the most iconic characters and stories to life in the mobile space. We are committed to creating fun and engaging games for our fans and are positioning ourselves to become a top player in mobile.
WB Games Inc. seeks a Staff Rendering Engineer for the WBG San Francisco Engineering department. As a Staff Rendering Engineer, you will work closely with the Art, Design and Engineering teams to establish a vision for our ''next gen'' rendering pipeline for our mobile games. This will include designing the pipeline as well as writing shaders to allow for outstanding visuals. This pipeline will power our next generation of mobile games from WBSF, and will scale across different device capabilities.
• Design and Develop a rendering pipeline.
• Write and optimize shaders.
• Rendering performance optimization.
• Requirements Gathering / Documentation.
• Assess middleware and 3rd party solutions.
• Review the work of other Graphics Engineers to ensure adherence to design, patterns and coding standards.
• Undergraduate degree or equivalent industry experience and success.
• At least 7 years of game industry experience.
• Shipped at least 3 mobile/social title, preferably on multiple platforms. Unity development experience required.
• Experience working with the OpenGL ES 2 / 3 API's. Experience working with Metal 1 and 2 API's.
• Excellent C# programming skills.
• Expert Knowledge of HLSL and / or GLSL. Knowledge of ShaderLab a plus.
• Deep knowledge of Unity. Experience with Unity's SRP a plus.
• Very strong knowledge on how to optimize 3D rendering to reach best possible FPS on a mobile platform.
• Expert knowledge of Tile Based Rendering. Extensive experience with animation systems.
• Extensive experience writing and optimizing shaders and graphical effects.
• Experience setting up pipelines and workflows for efficient content creation.
• Documentation / Presentation skills.
• Experience working under well defined and constrained performance budgets. Strong problem solving / debugging skills.
• Ability to work unsupervised. Ability to assist others in their work.
• Ability to communicate and collaborate with non technical people. Ability to assess the quality of other engineers work.
• Passion for making games.