Sr. Technical Animator
Warner Bros.San Diego, CA
Full Time Job
This job is available in 2 locations Carlsbad, California, United States San Diego, California, United States
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
WB Games San Diego is creating the next generation of high quality, cross-platform games that bring iconic and beloved characters to life. Join our growing team of talented game makers and be a foundational part of a dynamic new studio as we strive to make an impact on the future of AAA free-to-play games.
WB Games is seeking a talented Senior Technical Animator for our brand-new San Diego game studio! The ideal candidate's responsibilities will include the creation of pipeline tools and development techniques in support of character modeling and animation as well as rigging, weighting and asset integration. You'll report to the Lead Technical Artist and work with the various art, animation, and engineering leads.
• Collaborate with Tech Art, Character, Animation, and Engineering teams to help define standards, tools, and workflows for characters and animation
• Develop related custom tools and help establish engine export pipelines and processes that improve production efficiency
• Rig and weight characters, creatures, and props while working closely with modelers and animators
• Provide technical support for art and animation teams in both Maya and Unreal Engine 4
• Work directly in game engine to setup character assets (meshes, animation blueprints, dynamics, etc)
• Test functionality and bug fixing to ensure work is game-ready and high-quality
• 5 years professional experience in games development with a strong ability to demonstrate animation rigging and related technical art skills
• Degree in Interactive Media, Digital Arts or equivalent work experience
• Appropriate expert-level Unreal Engine 4 skills
• C#/C /Maya API experience
• Proficient MEL scripting and Python programming skills
• Understanding of robust rigging and related tools creation a plus
• Solid organizational skills with adherence to file structures, naming conventions and other established protocols
• A working knowledge of the limitations and expectations of current and next generation hardware
• A good, overall background in 3D modeling
• A clear, concise and transparent communicator - both written and verbal
• A self-motivated team-player with a positive attitude and strong work ethic
• Proven time management skills with the ability to be self-sufficient and execute quickly
• Have a passion for video games
• Must have portfolio link on resume
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.