Sr. Systems Designer
Warner Bros.San Francisco, CA
Full Time Job
WB Games Inc. seeks a Sr. Systems Designer for the WBG San Francisco Design department. Are you a Sr. Systems Designer that can stand alongside Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman?
WB Games San Francisco united DC's greatest superheroes with ''DC Legends'' and brought the Wizarding World to life with ''Harry Potter: Wizards Unite''. Now, WBGSF seeks a Sr. Systems Designer that will create major features and contribute to the next generation of WB mobile games.
• Creates game systems and features that thoughtfully balance deep innovation against established design approaches. Designs complex features or systems that ensure design is represented in clear, concise game documentation.
• Takes ownership over significant areas of a game. Effectively communicates design and requirements to different disciplines.
• Works in collaboration with other disciplines to find creative solutions to the constraints or requirements identified by other disciplines (e.g. memory usage).
• Implements, iterates and tunes content. Reviews game system(s) within area of responsibility and ensures optimal balancing across the game for player experience and creative goals.
• Understands overall creative vision of a game and contributes significantly to it.
• Acts as a strong collaborator with peers and helps guide junior designers.
• 5 years of game design experience, with at least 1 year of mobile F2P experience, ideally with live operations.
• Must have proven success in game development with significant design responsibility on multiple game features, having contributed to multiple major game titles.
• Possesses deep knowledge of game design principles such as design theory and methodologies, environment, directing player experience, player behaviour, choice and motivation, game progression and pacing, etc.
• Has an understanding of the mobile game landscape, including significant competitive products and trends. Skilled at deconstructing competitive game design elements and understanding the correlation with player experience and satisfaction. Can effectively communicate insights to leads and the team.
• Possesses understanding of how different development disciplines work and how their inputs contribute to feature development.
• Demonstrates initiative and ownership over significant features and contributes to the overall game design and final product.
• Strong ability to communicate design concepts effectively, verbally, in written format, or visually to other disciplines.
• Exhibits strong skill in mocking up design features using appropriate tools, such as MS Office, Photoshop, Maya/Max, Confluence, internal wikis, etc.
• Deep knowledge of major Warner Brothers intellectual property, such as DC Entertainment super-heroes.
• Experience designing game features with strong social elements, including competitive and cooperative game systems (PvP, GvG, Raids, etc) and social game mechanics.
• Degree in field that contributes to game design a plus.