Sr. Specialist, Mastering
Warner Bros.Burbank, CA
Full Time Job
Location: United States - California - Burbank
Warner Bros. Pictures seeks a Sr. Specialist, Mastering for the Content Technology & Ops: Mastering – Emerging Formats department.
Responsible for daily operations in media encoding, closed captioning, and audio sync & conform, including vendor assignment & assurance of timelines. Plays key role in documenting workflows and training. Creation and approval of purchase orders, and support for various workstreams, including asset research. Provide leadership as a backup to the Senior Manager.
• Escalation point for several high-volume operations: media encoding, closed captioning, and audio sync & conform. Risk assessment and vendor management to ensure Service Level Agreements are met.
• Project management for various episodic workstreams, including support for remastering projects.
• Creation and approval of purchase orders. Provide training to Specialist(s) and vendors; in systems, PO creation, and workflows. Documentation of workflows.
• Prioritization and supervision of Sr Specialist's day-to-day activities, and guidance of professional development.
• 6 years of experience managing production workflows.
• 4-6 years working with film, digital, and audio formats and understanding of new formats such as UHD, Dolby ATMOS, etc.
• 2-4 years of experience managing clients, including direct client communication.
• Previous management/supervision of others a strong consideration.
• College degree strongly preferred.
• Strong understanding of film, video and audio formats
• Knowledge of digital specs, workflow, and best practices
• Knowledge of industry and ability to adapt & incorporate best practices
• Strong project management skills to ensure all projects are on-time and on-budget
• Strong communication – ability to influence Executives across Divisions
• Client management – risk assessment, assurance of timelines and priorities
• Vendor management – ability to manage many vendors across diverse workstreams
• Negotiation skills – negotiate timelines with vendors, clients, and colleagues
• Presentation skills – for post mortems or buy-in for proposed improvements or timelines
• Knowledge of Gator (Xytech) systems a plus
• Experience writing or approving purchase orders
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.