Sr. Project Manager
Warner Bros.Burbank, CA
This was removed by the employer on 6/1/2021 10:55:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the IS/IT Category
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Sr. Project Manager jobs in Burbank-CA
Search all Sr. Project Manager postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Sr. Project Manager?
Full Time Job
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Now, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
Warner Bros. has established a four-year technology program to deliver two brand new iconic office buildings that combine state-of-the-art technology with dynamic architecture to accelerate our competitive advantages and create an inspired environment for our employees.
WB Technology will be responsible for envisioning and delivering on the ''state-of-art technology'' which will influence the design of the new work environment and campus. The first phase of the project, the Test Lab, was delivered and is fully occupied. Test Lab represents the potential workspaces and technology envisioned for the new office buildings. Differing work groups and office and technology solutions will be rotating through the Test Lab space to gather learnings to influence the environment within the new buildings. Other locations will also be used to explore future technologies and influence decisions regarding technology solutions and operations for the future office space.
This is an opportunity for the right person to get in on the ground floor as we not only reimagine our workspace but also our future.
WarnerMedia Technology and Operations is seeking a skilled & energetic Sr. Project Manager to centrally manage the technology workstream deliverables for the Second Century Test Lab and Technology Exploration project in the role of Second Century Sr. Project Manager – Test Lab & Tech Exploration. As part of the Second Century program team, your primary responsibilities for ensuring underlying technology business solution workstreams and vendors are developing aligned project deliverable plans which can be rolled up to the overall program milestone plans and are delivering on these plans in accordance with the Technology PMO guidelines. You will ensure project delivery and operation experiences as well as technology performance and usage information is captured and leveraged to deliver and operate technology in the future Second Century buildings. Will directly manage projects where needed.
• Perform Project initiation and scoping activity for a number of project initiatives
• Inform 2nd Century Program Management of the decision to move forward with the project and next steps
• Set up Project Kickoff meeting with business and technology stakeholders to share project charter and roadmap
• Provide scoping, and analysis support activities (where necessary)
• Create preliminary roadmap utilizing the summary of estimates and dependencies
• Create project plan (including timeline, tasks, milestones and dependencies)
• Create project charter with high-level project plan
• Operate a series of projects over a ~3 year period to better inform the technologies and operational and financial models to be implemented with the Second Century Towers
• Experiment with technologies that can be used to greatly enable the workforce and may be required for operations in the new environment
• Understand delivery and operational requirements for new technologies,
• Run lessons learned and best practices reviews on project delivery and operations
• Recommend technologies to be used in the Second Century Towers
• Develop, in advance of the Towers, operating and financial models for the technologies being implemented within the Towers
• For each project
• Create preliminary roadmaps utilizing the summary of estimates and dependencies
• Create project plans (including timeline, tasks and dependencies)
• Create project charters
• Facilitates estimating, budgeting, and project financial management activities to WarnerMedia Technology and Second Century Program standards
• Set up Project Kickoff meeting with business users and stakeholders to share project charter and roadmap
• Maintain the project plan on a weekly basis
• Update project risks and issues as well as decisions to be made along with person responsible a weekly basis
• Provide project status reports to stakeholders on a regular basis
• Provide project status to the PMO on a weekly basis
• Bachelor's degree preferred
• PMI or equivalent professional certificate preferred
• Project related technology certifications a bonus
• 5 years related experience.
• Prior experience in delivering technology solutions across infrastructure, business solutions, and workplace technology solutions in the role of a project manager is preferred
• Recent experiences with solutioning and or delivering technology for the ''open workplace'' concept and collaboration and productivity enablement is desirable
• Proficiency in Microsoft Projects and office products a requirement
• Strong project management, project finance, and analytical skills
• Ability to balance multiple concurrent activities across cross-functional workstreams and work within the constructs of a broader multi-phased program
• Experience in the entertainment industry, preferably across ideation, production, and delivery workflows is preferred
The Nice to Haves
Centralized / Consolidated Deliverables
• End-to-end consolidated project plan
• Consolidated Project and operating cost estimates
• Manage project cost
• Consolidated Risk, issues, and action items logs
• Others will be defined as part of the project
Individual Project Deliverables
• Project plan maintained on an ongoing basis
• Risks, Action Items, and Decisions (RAID) Log maintained on an ongoing basis
• Project status reports maintained on an ongoing basis
• Project roadmap
• Project charter
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.