Sr. Manager, Digital Asset Management
Warner Bros.Burbank, CA
Full Time Job
Sr. Manager, Digital Asset Management (Product Owner)
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.Warner Bros. has been entertaining audiences for more than 90 years through the world's most-loved characters and franchises. Warner Bros. employs people all over the world in a wide variety of disciplines. We're always on the lookout for energetic, creative people to join our team.
Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. seeks a Sr. Manager, Asset Product for the Media Supply Chain: Mastering, Archive & Localization Technologies department.
The Sr. Manager for Digital Asset & Metadata Quality Management is responsible for foundational product workflow and software development decisions that enable the preservation, tracking, and distribution of content assets globally. Focusing on the tooling and metadata modeling necessary for asset management to succeed in a global media company, the role ensures that WM builds scalable solutions for efficient and durable content delivery across WM and all distribution partners. In concert with the Content Operations, Content Metadata, & Archive Services teams, and focusing on all aspects of the content lifecycle, this role will define the asset specifications and metadata quality for technologies that power and support metadata capture, transformation, and utilization across WM.
• Work closely with business units and clients to understand the collective needs of all users and document that common requirements, and use this understanding and documentation to drive product development of scalable and efficient asset workflow tooling.
• Map content lifecycle as it relates to asset workflow requirements across divisions and recommend/drive adoption of workflows and standards – automated where possible – and aligned to business use cases. Based on business and process requirements, identify opportunities to leverage existing and future technologies to streamline operations.
• Analyze data models and standards, as well asset management product workflows across WM. Work closely with business stakeholders, technology strategy teams, and management to ensure execution is tightly aligned with business unit needs and vision and strategy.
• Develop roadmap and project-based financials for including all budget, forecasting, capital requests and long-term planning.
• Contribute to cross-WM initiatives focused on best practices within the content lifecycle, sourcing assets to archival strategies.
• 7 years on third-party or custom-developed software projects, including responsibility for Project Management and Business Consultant tasks.
• Applied use of Agile methodology for a full life-cycle development project
• Minimum 3 years of relevant experience in content and data management
• Experience managing projects and implementing quality controls
• Experience with and understanding of content recognition technologies and services
• Experience managing technology assets and operations across multiple sites and internal/external resources
• Entertainment industry experience is desirable
• Experience working in small to large teams to achieve project objectives and tasks under challenging deadlines, requiring successful collaboration and problem solving with team members preferred
• Bachelor's Degree, CIS, MIS, BBA or equivalent Competency Assessment.
• Technical Knowledge/Skills in the following areas:
• Solid understanding of content workflows & metadata management and delivery
• Experience with Digital Asset Management (DAM) tools
• Experience with database management
• Demonstrated initiative to stay abreast of technology advancements
• Knowledge of assigned business process (subject matter expertise)
• Knowledge of the software application(s) that support(s) the business process
• Experience capturing, defining, & realizing Software Requirements
• Experience with Data design
• Functional Knowledge / Skills in the following areas:
• Time and attendance processes
• Finance integration
• Project management SDLC's and Agile methodologies
• General accounting knowledge (procure to pay) and financial reporting\\
• General Knowledge / Skills required:
• System development processes and practices
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to listen and incorporate feedback into positive results
• Functional analyst skills with documented successes
• General office activities - walking, standing, sitting, speaking, finger manipulation, lifting, bending, etc
• Must be able to communicate effectively and tactfully with all levels of personnel, both in person and on the telephone
• Must be able to pay close attention to complex detail and understand written and oral instructions
• Must be able to organize and schedule work effectively
• Must be able to work well under time constraints
• Must be able to handle multiple tasks with changing priorities, communicating changes in scope and schedule to all parties concerned
• Must be service-oriented
• Must be able to work independently
• Must be able to work flexible hours, including possible overtime, when necessary
• Must be able to maintain confidentiality
The Nice to Haves
• Scrum-master certification preferred.
• Ability to ''think out of the box'' and develop creative solutions.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Strong customer communication and presentation skills.
• Very detailed oriented and highly organized.
• Functional management experience on at least 3 custom-developed software projects.
• Applied experience with SQL and .Net.
• Demonstrated success in being solicited for, and providing, input to the strategic business plans involving technology by the customer.
• Demonstrated ability to successfully perform analysis, support, training, reporting, testing and project management across multiple, and complex system implementations with custom and third-party applications.
• Advanced WarneMedia business knowledge.
• Advanced analytical, problem-solving, and troubleshooting skills.
• Ability to think differently, challenge conventional wisdom and drive new best practices.
• Demonstrated proactive customer service skills.
• Demonstrated ability to provide work direction and leadership to other team members.
• Demonstrated project management skills.
• Advanced communications skills (written/verbal), with emphasis on demonstrated ability to translate complex concepts between business and technical groups
• Demonstrated ability to multi-task, manage priorities, and mentor/direct others.
• Demonstrated teamwork skills.
• Media experience preferred.
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.