Sr. Game Systems Designer
Warner Bros.San Francisco, CA
Full Time Job
Warner Bros. Games Inc. seeks a Sr. Systems Designer for WB Games San Francisco, a mobile gaming studio. The position is based in San Francisco. You will be tasked to help bring WB's iconic properties from movies, television and comics to mobile gaming.
As a Sr. Systems Designer, you will design compelling game systems, mechanics and content and work with a team of engineers, artists, UX designers, producers and product managers to see their implementation. Cooperation, collaboration and creativity are key in this role.
• Work with the design and product management leadership to develop, hone and shape systems and mechanics appropriate to a game's IP and creative vision.
• Create game design documents that communicate concepts and define requirements to other team members across different disciplines.
• Work with the team to develop both paper and digital game system prototypes.
• Create game content for a live mobile game and help maintain and update that content on an ongoing basis.
• 3 – 5 years experience making successful games, specifically mobile. Mobile hit a plus. Be ready to tell us how you define ''successful''.
• Desire to work with a mass market, extremely well-known IP.
• Obsession with games and game mechanics of all types (board, pen and paper, mobile, console, PC).
• The ability to convey game concepts, mechanics and requirements in a clear and concise way through appropriate documentation or presentations.
• Strong writing and communication skills.
• Great people skills where collaboration is the center of your creative world.
• Big picture thinking that can see past personal bias and envision outcomes outside of your creative comfort zone.
• Deep understanding of the mobile/social market.
• The ability to recognize when a design isn't working and pivot smoothly to still hit the creative target.
• The ability to incorporate data and metrics into your designs while understanding the limits of data-driven design and not giving up your design instincts.
• Ability to prototype game mechanics and work to a high standard at any point in the design iteration loop.
• Familiarity with Unity preferred.
• Scripting Skills a plus.
• Art Skills a plus.
• Fast iteration abilities.
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.