Sr Analyst, Planning
Warner Bros.Burbank, CA
This was removed by the employer on 7/20/2021 7:54:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Accounting/Finance Category
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Search for Sr Analyst, Planning jobs in Burbank-CA
Search all Sr Analyst, Planning postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Sr Analyst, Planning?
Full Time Job
Location: United States - California - Burbank
Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. seeks a Sr. Analyst, Planning for the Enterprise Technology: WB Finance & Planning Solutions department.
This position is a member of the team responsible for the management of WarnerMedia's Corporate and Business Unit-specific planning applications and client relationship management for WarnerMedia's Finance Planners. This position is reviews tickets, analyzes trends, and interacts with clients to resolve system issues and propose system enhancements in the area of Financial Planning. This position participates in the oversight of internal and external resources delivering new technology into service on behalf of the client organizations. This position maintains the pipeline of enhancements and project requests that improve existing solutions as well as requirements for new solutions. This role collaborates with the business to ensure solutions are implemented with the proper governance, with business impact in mind, and appropriate organizational change management support for business cutover.
• Manages the enhancement list for the financial planning spend; ensures that agreed enhancements are within the application budget. Assists in the configuration and development of the systems in order to deliver the requested enhancements
• Works with Finance and Technology to capture business requirements and participates in the development of Technology requirements. Documents requirements and ensures client sign-off prior to starting development.
• Manages the performance of the internal and external service provider(s) as it relates to the support of the application portfolio, and/or projects for the supported client groups. Provides the internal and external service provider(s) with prioritization for client change requests associated with the client's portfolio.
• Interacts with 3rd party vendors when needed to resolve issues and provide solutions to open tickets
• Responsible for reviewing and updating system ticket lists, interacting with clients, closing out issues. Interacts closely with offshore vendors to hand-off problem and change tickets as needed
• 5 years of Information technology experience in a lead role overseeing a portfolio of applications across multiple technical platforms (e.g. SAP, Oracle, Longview, Adaptive Planning)
• 3 years of management experience employees and onsite/offshore 3rd party resources
• Knowledge of various Financial Planning and Reporting processes (e.g. P&L, Cash, Capital, Personnel, Ultimates)
• Entertainment industry experience is highly desirable
• Expertise in one or more entertainment business units (e.g. Theatrical Distribution, Home Entertainment, Television Distribution, Games, Consumer Products, Corporate) is highly desirable
• 3 years of experience in a lead project management role implementing Financial Planning and Reporting solutions
• Understanding of technical components required to support business processes, including effort estimates and resource management experience
• Experience planning and implementing changes to existing process and live productive applications
• Experience in team lead capacity with at least 1 full end-to-end life cycle implementation of a large Technology project in leadership roles
• Practical experience with application of s oftware development life cycle with industry standard best practice methodologies
• Experience in the planning, implemen tation, operation, and maintenance of Technology systems across multiple hardware and software platforms
• Experience in project and change management of major development or operations projects is required
• Experience with ERP and SaaS software
• Familiarity with data integration tools (ETLs, APIs) a plus
• Familiarity with data warehousing concepts a plus
• General knowledge of financial controls framework
• Bachelors or Master's degree in a field relevant to Financial systems (e.g. information technology, finance, accounting or equivalent experience).
• Project Management Professional (PMP) certification a plus
• Deep knowledge of Adaptive Insights (Workday) platform:
• Extensive experience working with cloud-based SaaS applications
• Front-end reporting tools (Discovery, Web interface, Office Connect)
• Solid implementation experience on Planning Data flows/Models: GL, Levels, Version, Time
• Deep understanding of Adaptive Sheets (Standard, Cube, Model) and when to deploy based on business and technical requirements
• Systems Administration experience with Adaptive (Security, Dimensions, Attributes)
• Experience with integration to and from Adaptive to other core systems (e.g. Workday, SAP)
• Ability to develop information technology project plans to deliver high quality services at reasonable costs.
• Understanding of application technology and associated solutions and strategies related to the client's business to help them achieve their business goals and objectives
• Knowledge of Business Unit Planning and Forecasting business processes, and ability to translate them into Technology requirements to satisfy financial and reporting obligations
• Ability to design and/or provide oversight on Financial Planning Systems (Master Data, Transactional Data, Dimensions, User Interfaces, Complex Financial Calculations, Reporting, Security)
• Integration frameworks (e.g. middleware / transformation logic)
• Ability to provide oversight and provide a framework on testing cycles for developers (Unit Testing, QA Testing, Regression Testing)
• Data conversion concepts and impacts on new business processes
• Client deployment readiness concepts (e.g. business cutover)
• Ability to provide technical expertise in Financial Planning solutions for internal WM reviews
• Experience with complex data models concepts, standards & design
• Knowledge of client's business, strategy and applications
• Be an expert in one or more Business Units' processes and apps
• Knowledge of all phases of system development lifecycle, from requirements gathering to production support
• Strong knowledge of ERP and SaaS client application(s) that support(s) the business process, with practical implementation of multiple modules / applications
• Knowledge of financial and operational planning processes and related systems integration
• Familiarity with Film Entertainment accounting and compliance practices and processes a plus
• Familiarity with Financial Reporting Standards
• Strong customer service focus and responsiveness
• Proficient decision-making and time management skills. Demonstrates leadership abilities. Maintains current knowledge in use and industry trends of technology
• Strong analytical skills, interpretive and evaluativ