Sr Analyst, Data Intelligence & Reporting
Warner Bros.Burbank, CA
Full Time Job
Location: United States - California - Burbank
Warner Bros. Technical Operations Inc. seeks a Sr Analyst, Data Intelligence & Reporting for the International Operations: Global Client Relations & Content Dist department. The primary responsibility of this role will be to support data-driven supply chain operational excellence, and continuous improvement, through effective development and application of data intelligence methodologies, data tools, and tracking/reporting protocols. Focus areas will include end-to-end execution of direct to consumer and business to business content distribution pipelines, beginning with content readiness and planning through successful delivery of content to our various endpoints.
The role will be responsible for determining the type of data insights necessary for the business to monitor progress and prioritize improvement projects that align with business priorities. Effective partnering with key stakeholders and SMEs to determine which data visualization approach will be used to present the data for end users be expected.
This role will work with complex data and will need to be comfortable transforming raw data into actionable visual insights that will be important to the business, as well as to provide recommendations on process improvements based on data results. The Analyst will also help to define KPI's necessary to manage the business effectively and work to gather business requirements and present to other reporting aspects of the company to ensure all groups work together to provide effective reporting solutions.
Data Analysis, Data Science and Continuous Improvement
• Perform data analysis activities on an array of reporting needs of varying size\\length\\risk – these will range from performance insights to business decisions
• Design, develop, implement and maintain predictive analytical models and dashboards using appropriate data mining and statistical tools to evaluate historical performance and forecast future performance to determine operational capability and related needs
• Analyze and model internal value chain data and other supply chain data sets.
• Establish automated KPIs dashboards, reports, and predictive models to help teams make faster better decisions and to highlight and address performance needs
• Partner with the operations, product, data and business teams to answer high-priority strategic questions
• Support improvement in our operational models use of data-driven intelligence to highlight areas for improvement, or to support business decisions.
• Gather and document data workflows, data logic, and system functional requirements to adequately capture data needs across applicable operational workflows.
• Complete gap-analysis on new and existing workflows and processes as it pertains to data flow
• Identify how to provide efficiency and streamline new and existing business process through data application
• Provide process improvement recommendations to the business through gaining an understanding of the relevant workflows and by applying related data modeling to support conclusions.
Stakeholder and Participant Engagement
• Work closely with business users to define and deliver effective data visualizations for performance management, planning and requirements building purposes.
• Encourage engagement from all teams into the strategic approach to improvements and new initiatives
• Effectively prioritize ongoing projects by actively partnering with the wider business to understand their goals and objectives
• Liaison between stakeholders, operations and technology teams (including 3rd party outsourcers) ensuring that all parties have the information needed to be able to do their jobs, make effective and metrics-based decisions and drive forward objectives and outcomes.
Delivery Management And Training
• For certain initiatives, manage the implementation of a project to its completion. This may involve project planning, reporting, risk and issue management, communications planning etc.
• Ensure the targeting goal has been communicated clearly to stakeholders and achieved
• Ensure new data views are achieving intended results, post implementation
• Develop and implement consistent business rules and concepts across various functions as a tool for implementing new products with stakeholders
• Train fellow employees on best practices for data visualization and help others be successful stewards of our tools. Transform the way our business users consume data and insights through highly usable and visually stunning data products and the understanding of how to read data and report on it.
7-10 years of relevant experience:
• Delivering business intelligence and dashboard solutions
• Expert in Tableau, Power BI and data visualization design
• Analyzing, compiling, cleansing, interpreting, joining and staging data
• Working with an Enterprise Data Warehouse and/or SQL Server databases
• Demonstrable skills building responsive data visualizations
• Working in an Agile development environment
• Research product and technical data in order to recommend products, technologies, and processes for ongoing projects
• Experience in creating reporting and data roadmaps and execution in a team environment
• Experience in using data to determine process improvement opportunities
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or Supply Chain Management with relevant work experience required
• Master's Degree in Predictive Analytics or similar desired
• Proficient experience with programming and conducting analyses using data scripting languages (e.g SQL, Python, R, SAS, etc.), or similar analytical languages.
• Advanced experience pulling and analyzing large and complex data sets (preferably using programmatic methodologies). Ability to analyze raw data, draw conclusions, and develop actionable recommendations
• Proven ability to produce high quality data insights in a fast paced environment
• An expert who can tell a story with data, as well as visualize it with a variety of tools (Tableau, SAP BusinessObjects, Excel, etc)
• Strong background in data relationships, modeling and mining
• Experience working with non-structured databases and evolving data systems
• Providing expertise to data engineers on how to structure data to future proof data reporting solutions
• Ability to work on teams and to collaborate on reporting solutions
• Ability to train employees on how to pull reports and read data
• Ability to create executive level presentations summarizing business problems and improvements using data
• Familiarity with Six Sigma methodologies
• Excellent Analytical, problem-solving, and troubleshooting skills
• Superior cus