Warner Bros.Carlsbad, CA
This was removed by the employer on 4/1/2021 10:47:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the IS/IT Category
Search for Software Engineer jobs in Carlsbad-CA
Search all Software Engineer postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Software Engineer? WB Games San Diego is creating the next generation of high quality, cross-platform games that bring iconic and beloved characters to life. Join our growing team of talented game makers and be a foundational part of a dynamic new studio as we strive to make an impact on the future of AAA free-to-play games.
WB Games San Diego is seeking a Software Engineer who is a client-side generalist that has some prior User Interface (UI) experience.
They must be a talented and hard-working individual who is hands-on, self-motivated, process-driven, customer-oriented, and who has a passion for developing software applications using a variety of technologies.
This person will work closely with the project engineering, art, and design leads to develop high-quality game features for AAA games.
What part will you play?
• You will be developing and implementing UI tieing into game systems and features, as well as integrating with internal and external shared services and libraries.
• Works closely with the project engineering team to architect and develop high quality, low-latency, and highly responsive code for game systems and features
• Perform peer code reviews and champion a high standard of code excellence
• Work with design and product teams for feature viability, costing, design completeness, and risk assessment
• Assess new market trends, features, technologies, and emerging techniques to stay competitive
What do we require from you?
• 2 years of professional software engineering experience, working on cross-functional teams
• Experience on one or more successfully-published game titles working on User Interface.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science (or a related field) or equivalent work experience
• Experienced in C
• Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, algorithms, and data structures
• Experience with the Unreal Engine 4 (Core systems, player input, game modes, user interfaces, etc.)
• Strong problem solving, debugging, and troubleshooting skills
• Clear, concise, and transparent communicator - both written and verbal
• Be a self-motivated team player with a positive attitude and strong work ethic
• Ability to self-manage when given prioritized goals and objectives
• Seek out opportunities to improve technically and professionally
• A passion for video games This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.