Warner Bros.Chicago, IL
Full Time Job
Netherrealm Studios, a division of WB Games Inc., seeks a Software Engineer, Gameplay to work with the game development team responsible for Mortal Kombat and Injustice 2 to help make Netherrealm's next project its most successful to date.
As a member of the game play team, you will work closely with the lead game programmer, and the game play programming team to implement new features, and support the design team in their efforts to create a compelling game experience. Your responsibilities will include AI systems, bug fixing, enemy and boss encounters, environmental interactions, and performance.
As a member of the game play team, there will be many opportunities to share experience, knowledge, and expertise across the team and code base.
In addition to working in a collaborative, team oriented environment, the Gameplay Engineer will also work with the Lead Game Programmer, and Director of Engineering to help determine dependencies, task, and scheduling goals.
• Design, implement, and maintain coding solutions. This will include collaborating with the game play team to identify areas that need work, improvements, or new solutions.
• Work with the design team to find creative solutions and innovative ways to meet and exceed design goals.
• Evaluate game code for performance bottlenecks, and work pro-actively with lead game programmer towards solutions.
• Work with lead on scheduling, tasks, dependencies. Attend meetings for planning, and updates.
• B.S. degree in CS/EE/Math/Physics or equivalent experience
• 3 or more Years C/C
• Past experience engineering game play systems
• Experience in cross-platform development
• Experience with Xbox 360 and PS3 development tools
• One or more past shipped titles
• Understanding of current AI techniques (path finding, entity component systems, messaging, callbacks, etc.)
• Solid understanding of math and physics.
• Experience with performance programming (optimization, caching systems, compiler behavior, etc.)
• Understanding of animation systems, scripting, and associated tools.
• Ability to collaborate with all art, design and engineering teams to create quality, long lasting solutions.
• Able to work well within a team environment, as well as being self-motivated and focused.
• Desire to solve problems, and offer creative solutions.
• Strong desire to work with others to develop and ship AAA titles full-featured on time.