Software Engineer - Returnship
Warner Bros.New York, NY
Part Time Unpaid Internship
Software Engineer - Returnship (REMOTE)
Location: United States - New York - New York
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
WB Games New York: WB Games New York works with some of the top talent in the game industry to build online competitive and social features for video games. Our highly experienced team of engineers utilize cutting-edge technology to build game services that are robust and scalable enough to support world-class developers such as NetherRealm Studios, Rocksteady, Monolith Productions, WB Montréal, and more!
The Path Forward Return to Work program at WB Games is a 15-week paid returnship for experienced professionals returning to the workforce after taking time off for caregiving. The program is open to individuals who have at least 5 years of professional experience and have been out of the paid workforce for at least two years to focus on caring for a child or other dependent. If you meet these criteria, we welcome you to apply.
At WB Games, we are excited to be part of the Path Forward program because we appreciate the skills you can offer, the perspective you provide, and the contributions you will make. This program offers you a chance to revamp your skills, update your resume with new experience, and make connections with others transitioning back to the workforce. It also offers support through Path Forward, a nonprofit organization on a mission to empower people who've been focused on caregiving transition back to the paid workforce.
WB Games Inc. seeks a Software Engineer for the WB Games NY Studio. As a Software Engineer at WB Games NY, you will be working primarily on our online game services platform called ''Hydra Studio'', in addition to some other internal technologies. You will be responsible for creating complex data processing and presentation tools that integrate tightly with some of the largest franchises in the games industry. You will work as part of a highly talented team of producers, engineers, and business specialists to expand our systems and add value to WB Games' catalogue of products.
We are looking for candidates with 3 years of experience as a software engineer and the ability to quickly learn new platforms. We use many different technologies within Hydra, and while we don't expect you to know them all coming in, we need a candidate who can quickly learn and be proficient with them!
WB Games New York works with some of the top talent in the game industry to build online competitive and social features for video games. Our highly experienced team of engineers utilize cutting-edge technology to build game services that are robust and scalable enough to support world-class developers such as NetherRealm Studios, Rocksteady, Monolith Productions, WB Montréal, and more!
• Design, implement, and support services that powers in-game online services
• Collaborate with others engineers to improve supportability, stability, and robustness of custom server software and infrastructure
• Lead design initiatives for new features from clients and internal technical debt
• Write and review code, develop documentation, and debug problems, live, on very complex systems
• Together with the rest of the engineering team, you will share an on-call rotation and be an escalation contact for service incidents
• Iterate and develop tests suites to maintain the high quality standards of our code
• 3 years of experience professionally delivering online technology and backend services
• Must be comfortable working in a Linux/Unix environment
• Able to read and write software in Python or some other general purpose programming language
• Strong experience with databases (NoSQL experience is a plus, since we primarily use MongoDB, RedisDB, and ElasticSearch)
• Experience using and creating APIs
• Must have excellent communication skills
• Ability to excel in a fast paced, startup-like environment
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.