Senior Technical Level Designer
Warner Bros.Montreal, QC
Full Time Job
WB Games Montreal, a division of Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment (WBIE), seeks a
Senior Technical Level Designer to be responsible for helping level creation with a focus on technical game systems, AI Encounters and Setups, and scripting.
• Using industry standard 3D packages as well as proprietary WB tools, creates technical setups, and troubleshoots for their assigned development project;
• Work closely with other level designers and programmers/artists/animators on development and refinement of game design, tools, and engine features;
• Work closely with Quality Assurance and play-testers to identify and resolve gameplay and level design issues;
• Participates in departmental meetings to share personal ideas and define the look and feel
Work with the Lead Level Designer and programmers to design, implement and maintain game objects, systems and NPCs;
• Responsible for level-specific implementation of complex scenarios, including logic and scripting;
• Collaborate with programmers/artists to ensure effective integration of game design, art, animation, and technology;
• Troubleshoot design elements; implement bug fixes and iterations based on need;
• Implement design revisions throughout the development process to ensure design integrity;
• Work with the testing department throughout the project to ensure the game plays and performs as intended.
JOB QUALIFICATION STANDARDS
• 5 years of level building experience preferred.
• Shipped one retail title.
, Professional Training, Technical Training or Certification
• Associate degree or equivalent job experience preferred.
• A strong understanding of gameplay flow and with a high focus on scripting.
• Strong communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
• Ability to work well under pressure and deadlines.
• Deep understanding of 3D engines, familiarity with UE4 and Blueprints is a plus
• Familiarity with 3D Studio Max.
• Coding/Engineering experience is a definite plus
Management has the right to add or change duties and job requirements at any time.
About WB Games Montreal
Since its launch in 2010, WB Games Montréal has more than 300 employees and continues to grow and recruit additional talents. Working with some of Warner Bros. Studios' biggest brands, including DC Entertainment, the studio is dedicated to developing triple A videogames .