Senior Producer, Games
Warner Bros.Burbank, CA
Full Time Job
Location: United States - California - Burbank
Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment is a leading worldwide publisher, developer, licensor and distributor of entertainment content for the interactive space across all platforms, including console, handheld, mobile and PC-based gaming for both internal and third-party game titles. WB Games studios include Avalanche, Monolith Productions, NetherRealm Studios, Playdemic, Rocksteady Studios, TT Games, WB Games Boston, WB Games Montreal, WB Games New York, and WB Games San Francisco.
Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment (WBIE) currently has an opportunity for a Sr Producer to join our Production group. The Senior Producer manages the day to day efforts of all projects that he or she is responsible for, including communication between development and the rest of the publishing organization as well as management of at least one Associate Producer or other support staff. This person is highly knowledgeable and deeply rooted in the game development process and drives efforts around build reviews, game design overviews, Games as a Service strategy, and overall Publishing needs such as QA, Marketing, PR, FPO, Trade, Sales, Legal, Talent Relations, Licensor Relations, Usability and Customer Service.
• Working directly with dev teams on the day to day development and production of WBIE product. This will incorporate all phases of project development from concept to post-launch but primarily focused on post-launch live phase.
• Reviewing all milestones for brand integrity and gameplay, and routing to third parties as necessary. Ensuring relevant feedback is communicated to Developer and implemented in subsequent deliverables.
• Overseeing the Q/A and localization process with internal and external vendors, with the assistance of an Associate Producer(s).
• Communicating updates to all necessary team members and the wider publishing organization. This includes but is not limited to weekly production updates, demos, visual presentations, PowerPoint presentations, meeting/conference calls, and regular site visits to the Developer(s).
• Supporting the Executive Producer / VP of Production in other videogame projects as assigned.
• Managing and coordinating between various publishing organizational efforts' and key stakeholders for the title in order to deliver a competitive, finely tuned, and well-supported live game service that maximizes player engagement and retention.
• Reviews and approves Developer submissions.
• Approves Developer objectives and deliverables. Communicates Developer schedule to various parties.
• Obtains management or external stakeholder/licensor approvals when necessary.
• Communicates schedule to various parties' and assures coordination of all schedules related to project.
• Identifies Legal and editorial clearances with Legal and Rights/Clearances.
• Provides risk management assessment plans to senior management.
• Manages the flow of assets and information between teams and team members.
• Prepares presentation material and demos.
• Previous Producer experience or equivalent with game developer or publisher.
• 7 years' experience in console/PC videogame game production; experience shipping console/handheld games necessary.
• A strong background and understanding of multi-platform, premium AAA Console/PC Games. Narrative/Open World Action RPG production preferred.
• A strong background and understanding of GaaS models and Live Operations tools/best practices.
• A strong background in large-scale PC game development and game production preferred.
• Practical experience in setting, guiding and evaluating multiple styles of production processes.
• Experience working with licensing entities required.
• Multi-language localization experience preferred.
• Previous experience with online and backend support technology development preferred.
• Previous experience with business intelligence and analytics preferred.
• College degree or equivalent preferred.
• Game design/production management training a plus.
• Strong and effective communication with multiple teams is required, including: developers, business development, marketing, PR, creative, QA, Exec and more.
• Strong diplomacy and problem-solving skills required in working with internal and external parties to address brand or IP concerns.
• Strong project and time management skills with a proven ability to focus on priorities, solve complex problems, juggle multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
• Deadline driven and detail-oriented – a strategic thinker with a high attention to detail.
• Must excel at following up on task completion, identifying dependencies and disseminating information to staff and management.
• Excellent leadership interpersonal, and organizational skills.
• Ability to manage multiple projects, set priorities and meet deadlines.
• Ability to create, maintain, and track comprehensive project schedules.
• Ability to identify and resolve conflicts between budget, schedule and design goals.
• Ability to identify and mitigate risks.
• Ability to work under tight schedules and high-stress environment.
• Enthusiastic, positive, team oriented, and organized.
• Solid knowledge of QA databases (experience with JIRA preferred).
• Solid knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Online/internet skills. Knowledge of MS Project and PowerPoint a plus.
• Solid Knowledge/Experience with online game backend platforms, social media and community tools and other online game technologies.
• Ability to demonstrate a solid understanding of GaaS and Live Operations methodologies and best practices.
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.