Senior Game Platform Engineer
Warner Bros.Carlsbad, CA
This was removed by the employer on 4/1/2021 10:47:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the IS/IT Category
Search for Senior Game Platform Engineer jobs in Carlsbad-CA
Search all Senior Game Platform Engineer postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Senior Game Platform Engineer? WB Games San Diego is creating the next generation of high quality, cross-platform games that bring iconic and beloved characters to life. Join our growing team of talented game makers and be a foundational part of a dynamic new studio as we strive to make an impact on the future of AAA free-to-play games.
The new WB Games San Diego studio is looking for a Senior Game Platform Software Engineer with expertise on Microsoft Xbox One, Sony PlayStation4, or Nintendo Switch consoles.
As a console/platform specialist, this person will focus on creating an optimal gaming experience for multiple platforms including the new Gen-9 Consoles, handling memory management, disk I/O, game controllers, and TRC's.
The ideal candidate is hard-working, hands-on, self-motivated, process-driven, and customer-oriented. This individual has a passion for developing highly performant code and has a true passion for games.
What part will you play?
• Develop and implement code for several key parts of the game - memory management, disk I/O, game controllers, and TRC's
• Works closely with the project engineering team to architect and develop high quality, low-latency, and highly responsive code
• Work with design and product teams for feature viability, costing, design completeness, and risk assessment
• Consultation to the team regarding technical advice, constraints, and optimal solutions for targeted platforms.
• Mentor junior engineers and provide design guidance on new features
• Self-manage programming tasks and coordinate with the production team
• Perform peer code reviews and champion a high standard of code excellence
• Assess new market trends, features, technologies, and emerging techniques to stay competitive
What do we need from you?
• 5 years of professional software engineering experience, working on cross-functional teams
• Shipped 2 titles as a Console/Platform Specialist
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent work experience
• Highly Proficient in C with Strong Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, algorithms, and data structures
• Knowledge of Console and/or PC development best practices
• Unreal Engine 4 profiling & optimization knowledge
• Solid understanding of all game development disciplines and their inputs into the content pipeline
• Strong problem solving, debugging, and troubleshooting skills
• Clear, concise, and transparent communicator - both written and verbal
• Be a self-motivated team player with a positive attitude and strong work ethic
• Ability to self-manage when given prioritized goals and objectives
• Seek out opportunities to improve technically and professionally
• A passion for video games
Good to Have
• Knowledge of the iOS & Android SDKs, performance tools, and optimization techniques
• Interest and ability to learn other programming languages as needed
• Experience with scripting languages such as Python
• Knowledge of rendering pipelines (UE4/Unity) This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.