Director, Marketing Analytics
Full Time Job
Location: Burbank, California, United States of America
WarnerMedia is a powerful portfolio of iconic entertainment, news, and sports brands. We bring people, technology, and the world's best storytellers together to drive culture and meaningful connection. We believe the enduring power of stories can open our eyes to the world, to each other, and to new and different perspectives.
Join us. Shape your story here.
What part will you play?
WB Games is the interactive home of some of the most iconic brands in entertainment. From Batman to Harry Potter to Game of Thrones and Mortal Kombat, our storytelling and unique player experiences reach millions of gamers across the world. WB Games is looking for a Director, Marketing Analytics for the Global Marketing department. The Director of Marketing Analytics is a high-impact role working cross-functionally within the organization reporting to the VP of Marketing. This is a leadership role that will be responsible for driving influence across the publishing organization including Central Product Management, Production, User Research, Studio, Brand Marketing, Content Marketing, Integrated Communications, and Analytics Data Management.
You will be responsible for generating insights that help marketing business and product leaders understand marketing performance, customer quality, and user behaviors. In addition, you will analyze campaign performance and marketing investment, identify actionable business insights and business risks as well as provide strategic recommendations to the business unit.
• Develop and grow marketing analytics team and build our capabilities to provide actionable insights and recommendations to marketing, central product management, and production teams.
• Serve in a consultative role to support publishing:
• Define strategies and tactics to improve marketing effectiveness and efficiency.
• Design and recommend appropriate analytic methodology, approach & KPIs to track and measure performance.
• Build and automate campaign reporting.
• Conduct test & learn experiments to optimize marketing performance.
• Quantify the impact of marketing and media activities on sales and/or DAU through utilizing marketing mix modeling, attribution, and incrementality in partnership with Central Analytics Data Management Team.
• Bring thought leadership in the areas of influencer, streaming, esports, and community analytics.
• Identify the relationship between viewership and game growth.
• Develop framework to measure ROI
• Measure/benchmark external community activity.
• Understand community activity/health relationship to DAU & MAU performance
• As required, perform hands-on analysis in support of results analysis.
• Be a compelling data storyteller by communicating findings and recommendations to non-technical audiences.
• Implement and promote analytics best practices and a cohesive, standardized approach.
What do we require from you?
• Must have an advanced degree in a quantitative field (Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Data Science, etc.).
• Have 8+ years demonstrated experience in an analytics or data science role, preferably within the gaming industry.
• Have 3+ years in a management role, developing and growing a team of data analysts.
• Hands-on experience with data gathering, model building, calibration, cross-validation.
• Experience leading data and analytics programs across marketing channels including social, streaming, CRM, and paid media platforms.
• Experience across analytics field including exploratory, descriptive, and predictive analytics.
• Experience managing marketing mix models (MMM) and/or Attribution models across online and offline channels.
• Experience storytelling data using visualization, narrative, and context to senior executives.
• Experience in data modeling with large, complex data sets and data visualization using R, Python, SPSS, SAS
• Experience querying and extracting data from multiple sources using SQL or LookML
• Experience with linear modeling and machine learning methods such as XGBoost and random forest
• Proficiency with at least one data visualization platform like Looker, Tableau or R Shiny, Microsoft Power BI.
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.