Senior / Manager For E-Commerce, China
Warner Bros.Shanghai, SH
Full Time Job
Location: China - Shanghai
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
Warner Bros. Consumer Products (WBCP), a Warner Bros. Entertainment Company, extends the Studio's powerful portfolio of entertainment brands and franchises into the lives of fans around the world. WBCP partners with best-in-class licensees globally on an award-winning range of toys, fashion, home décor, and publishing inspired by franchises and properties such as DC, Looney Tunes and Harry Potter.
The division's successful global themed entertainment business includes groundbreaking experiences such as The Wizarding World of Harry Potter and Warner Bros. World Abu Dhabi. With innovative global licensing and merchandising programs, retail initiatives, promotional partnerships and themed experiences, WBCP is one of the leading licensing and retail merchandising organizations in the world.
To be successful at WBCP, you must have a willingness to model our values and behaviors, champion diversity and inclusion, leverage data and insights to maximize the legacy of our deep brands and franchises while maintaining a commitment to fostering best-in-class talent.
• Create and execute WMCP e-commerce strategy and action plan, with the goals of growing and delivering revenue / profit as well as growing and actively managing our online brand presence.
• Develop e-commerce brand and franchise priorities including DC, WWHP, and Animation. Establish strategy on how core brands and franchises connect with the larger Warner Bros flagship brand as part of overall e-commerce strategy. Also develop action plan for how WMCP can take advantage of opportunistic franchise opportunities in e-commerce space.
• Develop e-commerce digital strategies and action plans. Identify and apply competitive/industry key learnings and trends and apply to growing business. Provide critical input, research and analysis on strategic initiatives and high-level business decisions.
• Establish and cultivate potential e-commerce partners, evaluation and contract negotiation, and follows through to execution.
• Closely work with Consumer Products category team and licensees for cooperation and collaboration to identify and maximize opportunities in digital environment. Ensure online platform coordinates with CP licensee footprint to optimize cross-category product range.
• Create and develop powerful E-commerce programs. Align with key licensees, category managers and Warner Media partners to plan & calendarize high impact revenue driving on line Retail & Marketing programs. Plan and work within agreed budgets set by Executive Director. Justify programs based on benefits and expected return on investment.
• Manage and monitor E commence partners' revenue and expense across categories to ensure that financial objectives are achieved. Monitor partners' overall performance throughout contract term, including product sales, inventory, marketing efforts and online distribution strategies. Manage E-commerce KPIs.
• Examine potential to cross-promote products between online to offline to maximize sales opportunities and integrate with the ''new retail era''. Leverage consumer database and transactional history to cross-promote opportunities across WM divisions (e.g., theatrical releases; gaming releases; television releases; x-divisional campaign initiatives, etc.)
• Develop and execute digital marketing and social media campaigns for WMCP Franchise to acquire and engage franchise fans, driving to WM E-shop traffic and conversion.
• Identify new social trends and emerging platforms, comprehension of competitive landscape and digital best practices, leveraging WBCP digital marketing assets and resources where relevant
• Work with internal & external stakeholders to coordinate, support and maximize brand exposure opportunities to build and manage WBCP brands and cross activities in both online and offline channels.
• Work across WBCP geographies to share e-commerce learnings / best practices, as necessary
• Manage day-to-day franchise social activities, including posting calendars and schedule management, asset development and localization, reporting, social optimization, etc., ensuring strategies are on schedule.
• Responsible for market intelligence and market research if needed.
• Special projects as needed.
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in sales and marketing function.
• Both vertical and licensing business model experience preferred.
• Knowledge and experience of managing Toy business preferred.
• Experience working with global and local consumer products companies preferred.
, Professional Training, Technical Training or Certification
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent desirable
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office required (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
• Strong work ethic
• Fluent in Chinese and English
• Must have a successful track record in ecommerce management and proven ability in developing, analyzing and implementing e-business strategies and plans
• Must have excellent negotiating skills, flexibility and knowledge of consumer products and licensing industry.
• Must have ability to organize and prioritize work, prepare and present written and oral sales presentations, and communicate with clients, licensees, and management to determine needs and solve problems.
• Effective and proven interpersonal, written and presentation skills.
• Effective and proven organizational/leadership skills required
• Must be able to communicate effectively and tactfully with all levels of personnel, inside and outside the company.
• Must have effective and proven problem-solving skills.
• Must be confident and demonstrate initiative.
• Must be an analytical thinker.
• Must be a strategic planner.
• Must be able to multi-task.
• Must be able to travel as needed.
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.