Senior IT Engineer
Warner Bros.Leavesden, UK
This was removed by the employer on 7/15/2021 5:51:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the IS/IT Category
Browse the Studio Category
Search for Senior IT Engineer jobs in Leavesden-UK
Search all Senior IT Engineer postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Senior IT Engineer?
Full Time Job
Location: United Kingdom - Leavesden
To provide agile ''hands on'' support for all WB Feature Productions, HBO and WB TV Productions at the WB Leavesden Studio as well as remote production locations around the world. An experienced senior engineer is required to provide comprehensive technical support for desktop/laptop computing environments, mobile devices, file servers, desktop and cloud hosted applications and local area networks.
• Install, configure, deploy and support Mac & PC desktop hardware and software (both on-premise & remotely)
• Provide desktop support (both on-premise & remotely), onboard/offboard users, and provide training for cloud applications such as Box, Aspera Files, Office 365, Smartsheet, Pix, Shotgun, RV, Sync Onset, Scenechronize
• Install & Support desktop applications including MS Office, Final Draft, Movie Magic Budgeting & Scheduling, Adobe Creative Cloud suite, Maya, Sketchbook, Zbrush and other content creation programs.
• Patch & remediate security vulnerabilities on desktop computers, servers, and infrastructure devices manually and using automated patch tools (e.g. JAMF, Intune)
• Install, configure, deploy, and manage file servers (Synology, QNAP, Open Drives, Oracle ZFS, Isilon, etc.) and associated racks, power supplies, and cooling systems.
• Install firewalls, switches, wifi access points, and other network equipment and cabling for local production networks.
• Troubleshoot & support production VLANs coordinating with local WB and third party network management resources.
• Provide break/fix support for printers and scanners
• Participate in technology orientation meetings with individual production teams.
• Interface with VFX and post production vendors as required to securely incorporate their pipeline applications, servers, and equipment into the production facility and/or network.
• Document/update policies, procedures, and user training guides for all deployed technologies and security
• Document logical network diagrams for individual production networks.
• Support the implementation and monitoring of Content Protection, Production Technology Policies, Best Practices and BYOD policies. Contribute to policy updates.
• Maintain and track inventory of workstations, servers etc..
• Procure software and hardware as needed for productions
• Order and deploy rental computers for productions
• Track installed production software (Filemaker Pro, MMB, MMS, Final Draft, Maya, Zbrush) licenses, renew and remove from BYOD computers when crew is offboarded
• Install, configure, deploy, and support mobile hardware and OS, including virtual environments
• Proven experience in a 3rd line IT Support capacity.
• Ideally experienced at working within a feature production environment during development, prep, production, and post production stages
• Experience of enhanced content protection and infomtion security best practices
• Experience of Cloud Based Storage solutions such as AWS and Azure.
• Experience of Editorial solutions - ideally Avid Media composer, Avid Nexis storage and examples of associated workflows.
• Proven experience in supporting cloud based applications such as (but not limited to): Office 365, Active Directory, Azure, AWS, Box, Open Drive, Aspera, Adobe Creative Cloud, Production Specific Applicatoins such as (Shotgun, RV, PIX, Sync OnSet, Scenechonize), Production Accounting Applications such as (MMB, MMS, C&C PSL, EP Smart Accounting)
• Knowledge and experience of production workflows, Cloud based backups, Encryption Technologies.
• Proven experience in supporting hardware such as: Synology, QNAP, Macbooks, various brands of PC Laptops & Desktops, Firewalls, Switches, Wireless Access Points.
• Ability to prioritise work, anticipate needs, and maintain a level head in a fast paced, changing & demanding environment.
• Must be self-driven and a good communicator (both verbal and written), as this role will often work alone with minimal technical supervision.
• Must be able to communicate effectively and tactfully with all levels of personnel, both in person and on the telephone
• Must be able to work flexible hours, including additional hours when / if required
• Must be able to maintain confidentiality
• Must be able to travel within and outside of the UK, often at short notice
Our people make WM the inspiring organisation it is today.
At WarnerMedia, our commitment starts with you! As a company of storytellers and journalists we have a responsibility to make sure we have a collection of voices and people whose stories reflect and connect with the global audiences and communities we serve.
WarnerMedia, and its suite of brands like Warner Bros., CNN, HBO Max, HBO, TNT, TBS, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Boomerang and many more, have long been committed to equity and inclusion as moral and business imperatives. It is essential that our content and creative partners reflect the diversity of our society and the world around us. Together with other production companies, networks, guilds, unions, talent agencies and others in the industry, WarnerMedia is committed to greater inclusion of people of color, women, the LGBTQ community, those with disabilities and other underrepresented groups in greater numbers both in front of and behind the camera
There really has never been a better and more exciting time to join WarnerMedia. For more information on how to join our company and our commitment to diversity and inclusion, please click here.