Senior Gameplay Technical Animator
Warner Bros.Montreal, QC
Full Time Job
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
SUMMARY OF POSITION
WB Games Montréal, a division of Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment (WBIE), seeks a Senior Gameplay Technical Animator who will be responsible to implement gameplay features into the game engine, by closely collaborating with the different Gameplay departments.
The Senior Gameplay Technical Animator also acts as liaison between Engineering and the content creators. This person will evaluate new technology, and work with all disciplines to ensure that Designers have the tools required to maintain optimum delivery of outstanding assets within technical limitations, solving technical problems when required.
• Produce, maintain and optimize the Gameplay Animations graphs (NPCs, 3Cs, Combat, …)
• Support and improve the integration of animation assets into the game engine.
• Central point between Programming, Design and Animation teams.
• Work closely with the Animation team to define, create and maintain the animation pipeline
• Learn all required features and functions of the animation system editor and tools.
• Learn to identify and solve problems before they affect the development team.
• Work in cross discipline teams of art, design, and programming - to document and explain their work clearly and concisely
• Be the first line of defense on the content side when a technical problem arises
JOB QUALIFICATION STANDARDS
Work Experience Requirements
• 5 years of experience in a technical position. Must have shipped at least two AAA titles.
• Excellent team work skills. Able to communicate effectively verbally and visually. Positive attitude and a desire to bring new ideas to the team.
• Proficient with standard industry tools like Unreal Engine, 3ds Max, Maya, Motion Builder.
• Strong understanding of methods of optimizing game art assets for game engines.
• Strong understanding of MEL/Python/Maxscript or similar systems is a plus.
• Strong knowledge in animation, artistic eye.
• Up to date knowledge of current animation game engine techniques and development process for console titles.
• Strong troubleshooting skills.
• Passion for making great games, with an awareness of current titles and industry trends.
, Professional Training, Technical Training or Certification
• Degree in game development or any equivalent professional experience.
• Demo consisting of in-game examples of systems contribution with detailed breakdown of contribution a strong plus.
Management has the right to add or change duties and job requirements at any time.
About WB Games Montreal
Since its launch in 2010, WB Games Montréal has more than 300 employees and continues to grow and recruit additional talents. Working with some of Warner Bros. Studios' biggest brands, including DC Entertainment, the studio is dedicated to developing triple A videogames.