Senior Financial Analyst
Warner Bros.Burbank, CA
This was removed by the employer on 8/24/2021 10:58:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Accounting/Finance Category
Browse the Studio Category
Search for Senior Financial Analyst jobs in Burbank-CA
Search all Senior Financial Analyst postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Senior Financial Analyst?
Full Time Job
Location: United States - California - Burbank
Warner Bros. corporate functions provide specialized knowledge and expertise to support our vast portfolio of businesses like DC Comics, Warner Bros. Pictures, Warner Bros. Television Group and Warner Bros. Consumer Products.
Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. seeks a Senior Financial Analyst – GBS for the EFS – Home Ent GL & R2R Acctg department.
The Senior Financial Analyst will plan and execute the day-to-day accounting activities and processes for Global Business Services (''GBS'') supporting Warner Bros. Home Entertainment for Global Games.
• Provide support for the monthly/quarterly close reporting deliverables to Corporate Financial Reporting Group, including Business Unit by-title submissions, P&L cause of change explanations, management reports, footnotes, disclosures, government surveys, and supplemental schedules.
• Manage the day to day general ledger activities. Duties include performing and overseeing the following: regular GL account reviews, inter-company and balance sheet account reconciliations.
• Ensure proper internal controls are in place and all transactions are recorded timely and accurately in accordance with GAAP.
• Responsible for ensuring timeliness and accuracy of overall monthly close activities and management of BPO activities including but not limited to: journal entries, ensuring proper posting of revenue, sales analysis, financial statements, accrual and deferral schedules, and trial balance review.
• Provide direction and guidance to the BPO organization in managing a tight close calendar to ensure all work is correct and completed on-time.
• Review account reconciliations prepared by BPO team and ensure resolution of aged items.
• Build, foster, and maintain good working relationships with members of Global Business Services and stakeholders .
• Identify, recommend and implement improvements to drive efficiencies in the organization .
• Prepare support for all applicable SOX documentation and compliance and for providing audit support to Ernst & Young auditors during quarterly and year-end audit reviews.
• Complete ad-hoc projects and analysis as determined by internal management.
• 3-5 years in relevant accounting experience (industry or public)
• Proficiency in a variety of systems: Windows Environment, Microsoft Excel required: high level Excel experience preferred (macros, pivot tables, lookup functions); Microsoft Word and PowerPoint.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills, as this is a high-visibility role that interacts with various departments, executives, and all levels of personnel across the organization.
• Prior experience in shared service environment a plus.
• Experience in month, quarter, and year-end close processes.
• 4-year degree in Accounting or Finance.
• Master's degree and / or CPA is preferred
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.