Senior Financial Analyst
Warner Bros.Burbank, CA
Full Time Job
Senior Financial Analyst, Enterprise Financial Services
Location: United States - California - Burbank
Warner Bros. corporate functions provide specialized knowledge and expertise to support our vast portfolio of businesses like DC Comics, Warner Bros. Pictures, Warner Bros. Television Group and Warner Bros. Consumer Products.
Warner Bros seeks a Senior Financial Analyst, Enterprise Financial Services for the EFS - Global Infrastructure & Theatrical Distribution department.
• Provide timely analysis and compilation of the Corporate Cash, Balance Sheet Flux, P&L cause of change, Pension and Compensation Schedules, Supplemental schedules, Footnote schedules, and Financial Verification for Month/Quarter close.
• Perform thorough analyses to help minimize financial risk for the company.
• Utilize independent decision making, effectively and efficiently perform planning and actuals analysis for various WBEI financial accounts.
• Exercise professional judgment, thorough independent research, and provide recommendations to management on any financial adjustments or possible areas of risk.
• Develop the formal forecasts/ budget for WBEI Corporate Cash Flow and support of various components of the P&L.
• Perform overall analysis of contributing factors to the budget and provide adequate documentation to management to the assumptions in the building the overall budget.
• Report through a cause of change analysis of the major drivers.
• Prepare and review trial balances of multiple legal entities on a quarterly basis and explain significant / irregular balances.
• This analysis is presented during the quarterly meeting with GBS executives.
• Manage and guide offshore Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) team to ensure completeness and accuracy of GL activity. This includes coordinating instructing, guiding, and possible transition of new tasks to the BPO team members.
• Identify, recommend and implement WBEI Corporate improvements to drive efficiencies in the organization.
• Research US GAAP as it relates to significant matters and provides accounting guidance to ensure proper compliance.
• Review account reconciliations prepared by BPO team and ensure resolution of aged items.
• Assist with Sarbanes-Oxley cycle documentation, audit testing, identify areas of control risk and design and recommend mitigating control procedures.
• Work closely with internal WM auditors and external E&Y auditors as needed.
• Complete ad-hoc projects and analysis as determined by internal management.
• Minimum 2 years of Public Accounting experience (preferred)
• Experience in a large, dynamic corporate environment
• US GAAP reporting
• Experience in month, quarter and year-end close processes
• Experience in budgeting, general accounting, financial analysis
• Industry experience in entertainment not required, but preferredEducation, Professional Training, Technical Training, or Certification
• High School diploma or equivalent required
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance and a minimum four to five years relevant work experience in Accounting or Finance required
• CPA preferred
• MBA preferred
• Knowledge/Skills Demonstrated PS skills to include accessing the mainframe, SAP systems and utilizing various software packages to provide, retrieve, update and analyze financial data. Such software includes: MS Office (Excel, Outlook, Word, PowerPoint), SAP, Business Warehouse, Various mainframe systems.
• Desire to produce accurate, reliable and high quality work in a fast-paced environment.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Excellent analytical skills.
• Genuine interest in dealing with personnel that possess varying levels of financial expertise.
• Ability to lead projects and bring them to a successful conclusion.
• Ability to interact successfully with all levels of staff, management and customers.
• Self-starter and innovative thinker.
• Ability to work independently and knowledge of when to communicate updates.
• Ability to manage multiple assignments and priorities with a professional attitude and to deliver professional results
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.