Senior Financial Analyst
Warner Bros.Burbank, CA
This was removed by the employer on 3/3/2021 4:32:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Accounting/Finance Category
Browse the Studio Category
Search for Senior Financial Analyst jobs in Burbank-CA
Search all Senior Financial Analyst postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Senior Financial Analyst? We are currently seeking a Senior Financial Analyst for Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.'s Financial Contracts Reporting & Administration Participations Department. The FCRA Participations Department handles contractual reporting to talent and co-production companies on all of Warner Bros. film, television, and new media libraries. It's an exciting, fast paced organization that provides a unique opportunity to learn all aspects of the company---from production to initial film release through all downstream channels of distribution. FCRA provides excellent opportunities to learn the entertainment industry and offers a robust year-round training program.
The Senior Financial Analyst position is responsible for preparing and reviewing participations statements. This position reviews and understands contractual agreements, ensuring that all financial obligations are met. Additionally, the Senior Financial Analyst will be responsible for enhancing departments systems and tools through involvement in system design and testing; and improving business processes.
• Preparing participations statements-- leveraging a new state-of-the-art Participations system, Warner Bros. enterprise SAP platform, existing tools, and analytical methodologies.
• Activities include: performing current and historical data analysis and verifying that reporting is in accordance with contractual agreements. The analysis work takes into consideration the windowing and release patterns of film/television/other product, distribution cost trends analysis, etc. Researching underlying transactional activity can require usage of SAP and/or other line of business components. Reviewing statements prepared by other team members to ensure accuracy and contractual obligations have been met and providing feedback to preparers to make changes and correct errors, as needed.
• Identifying improvements and enhancements related to FCRA's participations system (aka Sylvester) and participate testing.
• Supporting ad-hoc and special projects, including, but not limited to presentations to management and staff, buyout calculations, etc. Attending training sessions and cross-divisional forums as needed.
• High School diploma or equivalent required.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience required. (Finance, Accounting, Mathematics or Information Systems preferred).
• Minimum 2 years work experience in a finance, accounting, auditing or IT environment required. Business analyst or financial analyst experience required. Participations and/or entertainment industry experience strongly preferred. Experience with system implementations and testing preferred, as well as experience in a large corporate environment preferred.
• Experience working with blended teams, including outsourced providers and multiple time zones, preferred.
• Very strong to expert competency with MS Excel, Word, and PowerPoint required. SAP experience preferred.
• Must have ability for progressive responsibility within the organization.
• Must have strong mathematical and algebra skills; excellent written and verbal communication skills, including development, documentation, and delivery of training materials; strong analytical, planning and organizational skills; detail oriented.
• Must be able to read and understand legal agreements.
• Must be able to adapt and learn new technology.
• Solution oriented individual who can work in a dynamic, fast paced, high volume environment and think outside of the box.
• Must be able to understand and communicate with operational, financial, IT and executive personnel and be a team player with high-level of interpersonal skills and customer-focus.
• Must be able to manage multiple tasks effectively, efficiently, with flexibility to changing priorities.
• Must be able to maintain confidentiality.
• Must be a quick learner who is results-oriented and be able to work independently with minimal supervision and meet deadlines. This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.