Senior Finance Manager
Warner Bros.Wilmslow, UK
This was removed by the employer on 4/1/2021 10:47:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Accounting/Finance Category
Search for Senior Finance Manager jobs in Wilmslow-UK
Search all Senior Finance Manager postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Senior Finance Manager? The Senior Finance Manager at Playdemic, a division of WB Games Inc., provides financial leadership for a growing, highly innovative company among the vanguard of Warner Bros new media businesses. This person will inform, advise, and collaborate with a wide variety of stakeholders at all levels, including executive management of the studio, Warner corporate functions elsewhere in the UK, and Warner Bros senior finance management in the US.
Key responsibilities will include management of essential accounting and financial planning work, support of operating management with reporting and analysis, and a central role in tax, audit, and strategic planning activity for the business.
• Participate in and support the game ''greenlight'' process by preparing financial analysis and key insights relating to proposed and in-process studio game projects.
• In collaboration with development, publishing, marketing and corporate groups, manage the preparation, analysis and reporting of game project budgets, including revenue and costs.
• Manage the preparation, analysis and reporting of the overall studio budget.
• Own the monthly and quarterly accounting close process for Playdemic Ltd.
• Present a weekly update of Financial results to the Playdemic management team and play an active role in the management group.
• Manage and facilitate procurement and vendor payment for Playdemic studio in collaboration with Accounts Payable team, corporate accounting, and others.
• Produce and submit periodic management reporting to inform and support senior studio management and corporate partners.
• Management of the Playdemic Senior Financial Analyst role.
• Collaborate across groups and divisions within Warner Bros Interactive and Warner Bros Corporate to complete VAT, audit, and video game tax relief submissions.
• Identify and implement best practices to improve finance processes and drive cost efficiencies.
• Work on special projects as required, including directing studio-specific financial system updates and process improvements.
• Perform under pressure to meet challenging deadlines.
JOB QUALIFICATION STANDARDS
• Demonstrable experience of general accounting and a proven track record of financial planning experience, in positions of progressive responsibility.
• Experience working in a corporate shared services environment is desirable.
, Professional Training, Technical Training or Certification
• Qualified accountant with a strong academic track record and appropriate post-qualification experience.
• B.A. or B.S degree required.
• Must have strong written and verbal communication skills and be able to communicate effectively with all levels of management.
• Must be able to influence and gain the support of leaders and colleagues for finance initiatives.
• Must have experience of change management and improving processes and systems.
• Must be able to multi-task, work under tight time constraints and meet deadlines.
• Must have superior computer and analytical skills.
• Must have advanced knowledge of SAP , Essbase, MS office suite of applications.
• Must have proficient knowledge of G.A.A.P.
Playdemic wants our workforce to be more representative of all sections of society at all levels in the organisation. We treat all job applications equally, regardless of age, disability, gender identity or gender expression, race, ethnicity, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation or any other equality characteristic. This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.