Senior Environmental Technical Artist
Warner Bros.Salt Lake City, UT
Full Time Job
Location: United States - Utah - Salt Lake City
Avalanche, a Warner Bros. Games studio, located along the beautiful Wasatch Mountains, has been in the video game business for 22 years. Acquired by Warner Bros. in 2016, we are at the top of our game and in the midst of creating a new, open world, action RPG experience, set in the Wizarding World - Hogwarts Legacy! Come join us in imagining adventures and creating worlds together.
Avalanche, a division of WB Games Inc., is looking for a senior level technical artist with a passion for performance, optimization, and high visual quality, specifically related to environments. You will be part of a versatile tech-art team working with the latest technology developing an upcoming AAA title, Hogwarts Legacy, in Salt Lake City, Utah. If you are accustomed to being the go-to for engineers and artists for all things related to level content performance, please apply.
• Improve artist workflow by developing tools, defining standards and best practices.
• Develop Unreal performance tests to help prioritize optimization efforts.
• Keep and maintain clear documentation for standards and best practices.
• Seek out opportunities for optimization and workflow improvements.
• Work as a team with programmers, artists, and other technical artists
• Lead and mentor other technical artists.
• Research and develop forward thinking technologies and tools.
• Content integration in Unreal Engine.
• 5 years' experience in the industry.
• At least 3 published games.
• Strong Unreal 4 foundation; integration and optimization of content, and blueprints.
• Strong understanding of authoring and optimizing materials.
• In depth experience with Unreal environment creation.
• In depth knowledge of performance tools within Unreal.
• Scripting proficiency (Python)
• C experience is a plus
• Knowledge of Maya and other DCC 3D tools.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
• Able to self-manage and meet deadlines while setting a professional and collaborative tone.
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.