Warner Bros.Kirkland, WA
This was removed by the employer on 7/28/2021 1:57:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Animation/Graphic Design/Visual FX Category
Browse the Video Game Category
Search for Senior Designer jobs in Kirkland-WA
Search all Senior Designer postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Senior Designer?
Full Time Job
Location: United States - Washington - Kirkland
For the past 20 years Monolith has been obsessed with delivering a unique gaming experience for our fans. Starting with Blood, our very first title – all the way to our most recent offering, Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor, we are constantly pushing the envelope to combine innovative gameplay, inventive narratives, cutting edge tech & AI, and stunning visuals. We are challenging ourselves even further to ensure that our next game is going to be our best yet.
That's where you come in – for us to achieve that we need the best and brightest talent the industry has to offer. Come join us and help create our next AAA title!
Monolith Productions, a division of WB Games Inc., is seeking a Senior System Designer to work closely with Design, Art, Programming and Production to create and maintain high quality gameplay system and combat components. It will involve the design and technical implementation of AI (bipeds and non-bipeds) and their behaviors built to a high-quality standard. Their content is developed in pursuit of the overall design philosophy and player experience. This position will also work with the QA and Playtest groups throughout development to address critical feedback and make sure their systems play and perform as intended. An Advanced Designer should also set the example for junior designers on the team, mentoring and leading by example whenever possible.
• Work in multidisciplinary teams with designers, gameplay engineers, art and audio to coordinate in-game NPC Combat assets including models, animations, FX, and other responsibilities.
• Design, implement, and iterate on in-game behaviors of NPCs (including beasts).
• Shepard populations of enemies to create encounters and create links to other in game systems
• Help create and maintain living design documentation that keeps pace with the project's progress and accurately conveys all necessary information to Design, Art, Audio, Engineering, Production, and QA.
• Investigate and resolve gameplay issues identified by QA to maintain game stability and development velocity.
• 5 years of game design experience required.
• Experience with player behavior, AI, or combat systems preferred.
• Experience with 3D open world action games preferred.
• We seek individuals with a diverse educational background who are excited to add their unique perspective to our team.
• Passion for game design.
• Attention to detail and self-motivated to make constant improvements.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Positive attitude, strong work ethic, and the ability to work in a highly collaborative team environment.
• Ability to work effectively with people of a wide array of personalities and backgrounds.
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.