Warner Bros.Burbank, CA
This was removed by the employer on 7/23/2021 5:45:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Legal and Business Affairs Category
Browse the Studio Category
Search for Senior Counsel jobs in Burbank-CA
Search all Senior Counsel postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Senior Counsel?
Full Time Job
Location: United States - California - Burbank
Warner Bros. corporate functions provide specialized knowledge and expertise to support our vast portfolio of businesses like DC Comics, Warner Bros. Pictures, Warner Bros. Television Group and Warner Bros. Consumer Products.
Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. seeks a Senior Counsel for the 2000-Studios & Networks department. Legal support to the Warner Bros. Unscripted and Scripted Television Business & Legal Affairs departments.
• Negotiates and drafts agreements relating to the development and production of original scripted and unscripted programming (e.g. above-the-line contracts, option and literary purchase agreements, format deals, production services agreements, assignments, releases, contingent compensation definitions, composer agreements, location agreements, etc.).
• Advise company and production personnel on all matters relating to the production and distribution of original content, including the licensing arrangements with traditional broadcast, cable television and SVOD licensees, as well as advising on co-production terms.
• Provide legal counsel in connection with production, distribution and marketing of such projects.
• Researches rights to exploit properties in various markets and media including opining on talent attachments.
• Advises on clearance matters and provides general production legal support.
• Perform other related duties as assigned.
• Will be a dual report to the SVPs of Unscripted and Scripted Legal, Warner Bros. Television Group.
• JD Required. Top tier school preferred.
• Minimum of 3-8 years of practicing law with a national law firm, a major firm or television studio, or major online service or platform.
• Must have knowledge of law and legal environment of entertainment industry sufficient to draft and negotiate legal documents and counsel management on legal implications of their actions.
• Must be able to analyze, draft and negotiate contracts.
• Must be able to research legal questions and communicate responses effectively to all levels of corporate and production staff.
• Must be able to write in a well-organized, concise and precise manner.
• Must be able to supervise paralegal and clerical subordinates engaged in performance of legal-related tasks.
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.