Senior Artist, FX
Warner Bros.Kirkland, WA
Full Time Job
Monolith Productions, a division of WB Games Inc. seeks a Senior Artist, FX to join our art team.
The Senior FX Artist is responsible for creating realistic visual effects of the highest quality. This person will work closely with the Lead FX Artist along with the Directors of Art to ensure that the aesthetic quality is kept at the highest bar across all content creation. The Senior FX Artist will be well versed in industry game engines, industry standard art tools, and will be responsible for coordinating with a team of artists in the completion of high quality effects content. This is an individual contributor position that designs and creates FX work for assigned aspects of products with a focus on technical trouble-shooting and problem solving.
• Use industry standard 3D and 2D packages as well as proprietary tools to create FX assets for their assigned development project. These assets will vary from simple particle systems to complex interactive destruction or gameplay-driven FX.
• Install created FX assets into In-Engine cinemas
• Assists in R&D efforts for tools enhancements and prototyping of new technology.
• 5 years experience as an artist in the industry
• At least 1 published games, preferably a console title.
• Must possess good artistic skills and a working knowledge of 2D/3D art production.
• A BA in art or related field or equivalent experience.
• Should have working knowledge of authoring tools for real-time FX systems
• Must be proficient in 3D modeling using Maya or 3D Studio Max.
• Must be proficient with multiple 2D applications, including Adobe AfterEffects, Photoshop, and various similar applications.
• Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
• Must have an active, passionate interest in current video games to help drive the game to the next level.
• Strong understanding of modern real-time 3D engines.
• Experience and understanding of art pipelines on modern consoles
• Solid organization skills with adherence to file structures, naming conventions and other established protocols.
• Ability to work well in a team environment as well as self-manage and meet deadlines.
• Must be an excellent collaborator with a willingness to provide/accept direction and the ability to embrace change.
• Portfolio/website demonstrating your art skills, design sensibilities, and attention to detail.