Warner Bros.Burbank, CA
Full Time Job
Location: United States - California - Burbank
Warner Bros. Studio Operations (WBSO) oversees the physical operations of the historic 110-acre main lot in Burbank including its 30 soundstages and 20-acre backlot, as well as production-related services including costume, set-dressing, construction, set lighting, catering, transportation, photography and much more. The production site also hosts tours for consumers offering guests intimate views at the inner workings of thriving entertainment studios.
Warner Bros. Studio Operations (WBSO), a cornerstone of Warner Bros., is seeking a talented professional to join the WBSO Finance team. The position plays a vital role in the WBSO capital strategic planning and reporting process, including the preparation of capital budgets, analyzing actual results against plans, and the consolidation of strategic and business case analyses to assist with key business decisions. The position also runs point on the creation and submission of Operating and Capital cash flow statements for the group. The position will interact with WBSO operational departments and project managers, and WBSO Finance personnel in Burbank and UK, in addition to being the point person to coordinate with Global Business Services (GBS) Fixed Assets group on capital processes and submissions.
• Preparation and submission of monthly capital spend reports, forecasted project spend, capital cash forecast, and analysis of variances vs. budget/forecast. Meet with project managers and WBSO departments on project status, and assist departments with project requisitions, change orders, and NPV analyses. Consolidate capital spend information in US and UK and prepare and/or review documentation and presentations for capital meetings with senior management and/or Corporate.
• Perform fixed asset capitalization and asset maintenance, including monitoring asset under construction (AUC) balances and working with finance and operations teams to timely and properly capitalize assets when ready for use or write off assets that no longer exist, and reviewing asset capitalization and maintenance packages submitted by direct report. Plan and coordinate annual review of fixed assets and work with finance and operations teams to ensure the fixed assets listing properly reflects assets on hand.
• Assist in the preparation, consolidation, and submission of WBSO Burbank and UK capital budgets (annual and quarterly updates). Communicate and coordinate the requirements with the various departments within WBSO and GBS and provide due dates and delivery expectations. Assist in the review and consolidation of budget submissions.
• Preparation and submission of Operating and Capital cash flow budgets/forecasts, and monthly statements for multiple business units. Analyze and report on variances vs. forecast. Present results to Finance leadership.
• Support month-end/quarter-end reporting deliverables to Corporate, Finance department management, and business unit operational management as required.
• Perform special projects and ad-hoc analyses as required. Identify and pursue continuous improvement opportunities driving improvements in customer service levels, process efficiencies, and increases in productivity. Research and provide guidance to ensure compliance with GAAP, SOX, and company policies and procedures.
• Minimum 3 years relevant work experience in finance/accounting, strategic and business planning, and financial modeling.
• Experience in preparation of strategic reports and financial analysis to assist management in business decisions.
• Experience in P&L and cash flow modeling.
• Experience in budgeting and financial analysis..
• Industry experience in entertainment, construction and/or manufacturing is preferred.
• Knowledge of film and television production and studio operations is preferred.
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, or Business Administration required.
• CPA and/or MBA preferred.
• The successful candidate will spend a significant portion of the day using the PC. Such software includes, but is not limited to:
• MS Excel (proficient in using advanced macros and pivot tables)
• MS Word
• MS Access
• Adaptive / Workday
• Business Warehouse
• Various mainframe systems
• Excellent communications (written and verbal) skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively and tactfully with all levels of staff and management.
• Excellent analytical skills with ability to produce accurate, reliable and high-quality work in a timely manner.
• Advanced financial modeling skills.
• Experience with strategic and business planning preferred.
• Strong presentation skills required.
• Ability to lead projects and bring them to a successful conclusion.
• Self-starter and innovative thinker.
• Ability to organize and schedule work effectively.
• Hands on approach.
• Strong ability to motivate staff and encourage a team player mentality.
• Ability to manage multi-task and work well under time constraints.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to work independently and meet deadlines.
• Advanced Excel and Powerpoint skills.
Management has the right to add or change duties and job requirements at any time.
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.