Warner Bros.Burbank, CA
Full Time Job
Location: United States - California - Burbank
Warner Bros. Television Group (WBTVG) develops and oversees the entire portfolio of Warner Bros.' television businesses, including worldwide production, traditional and digital distribution and broadcasting. Warner Bros' content is distributed around the world by Warner Bros. Television's Domestic and International Distribution groups.
Warner Bros. Television seeks a Senior Analyst for the Prod Financial Administration department.
The primary purpose of this position is to be responsible for analysis of all assigned series, weekly/quarterly financials.
• Weekly Cost Status: Preparation, review, and reconciliation of report delivered to Senior Management. Includes in-depth analysis and reporting of all episodic and amortized costs at a detailed and summarized level. Must understand Excel formulas & the application thereof
• Finding and researching any discrepancies. Checking data against general ledger and Production reporting, verifying gl numbers
• Ability to answer questions to Corporate Accounting about report of all costs on the shows
• Journal Entries in several categories- estimator allocations, MIS allocations, script clearance allocations, post allocations, legal bills, code seal, insurance charges, etc. including intra show jv's. Senior Analyst will be responsible for accounting for all cost and developing and maintaining a distribution methodology to the shows. Should be able to spot irregular charges and have the ability to correct them using the financial systems (SAP, PSL, Vista) as needed. High accounting and analysis skills required.
• Prepare and address Participating/Internal/External audit requests by providing the initial supporting documentation to the V.P. for review and approval
• Update Tax Incentive Tracking (TIT) report with CSST, Financials, AR, Accruals, Hedge fund (if applicable) amounts, details and notes. Update TIT report with CFCC and Hedge contract info monthly. Track credits collected and prepare cash receipts for checks. File tax applications and prepare tax report for monthly distribution. Task requires following up with state authorities, third party companies (CPA firms) to obtain the most current accurate information.
• Assist the Financial Manager and V.P. in the quarterly financial reporting process. Task requires running queries from the budgeting software (PSL, Vista, Smart Accounting and EZBudget) as well as reporting on actual from the financial software (SAP). Knowledge of budgeting software PSL, Vista, Smart Accounting, EZBudget, Movie Magic, pulling reports from each of the systems, and thorough understanding of production budgeting.
• Assisting the productions with assigning check stock numbers, ordering additional check stock, maintaining a log of the shows and their corresponding checks
• Minimum three years general accounting and budgeting experience required.
• Well rounded accounting and analysis experience a must
• BA degree is required. An emphasis on Accounting or Finance highly preferred.
• CPA or MBA preferred
• Minimum three years general accounting and budgeting experience required
• Well rounded general accounting experience is a must
• Strong accounting background including trial balance, financials and knowledge of general ledger entries required.
• Proficiency in Excel and 10 key by touch is required.
• Experience with PSL, Vista, Smart Accounting, Adaptive/Interactive overhead budgeting and SAP preferred
• Strong analytical skills required.
• Must be able to work quickly and accurately in a fast paced environment
• Must pay close attention to detail and stay organized
• Ability to maintain various reports
• Must be able to communicate effectively and tactfully with all levels of management
• Must be able to adhere to numerous deadlines
• Must be a team player and able to take direction from multiple people.
• Must be dependable and able to work long flexible hours with occasional weekends.
• This position would fit best an individual has the education background and accounting experience. A person with the problem solving skills, this person must be no stranger to fast past dynamic environment.
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.