Royalty Reporting Analyst
Warner Bros.Burbank, CA
Full Time Job
Location: United States - California - Burbank
Warner Bros. corporate functions provide specialized knowledge and expertise to support our vast portfolio of businesses like DC Comics, Warner Bros. Pictures, Warner Bros. Television Group and Warner Bros. Consumer Products.
Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. seeks an Analyst for the Financial Contracts Reporting & Administration DC Comics Royalty department. The FCRA Participations department handles contractual reporting to talent that provide services and create new characters for DC Comics. It's an exciting, fast paced organization that provides a unique opportunity to learn many aspects of DC Comics, the publishing business, including the inter-relationship between publishing, merchandising, TV, Theatrical and Games. FCRA provides excellent opportunities to learn the entertainment industry and offers a robust year-round training program. The Royalty Reporting Analyst Previews, understands and interprets contractual agreements to ensure all financial obligations are met. Working closely with DC Comics Business Affairs, Legal, and Editorial Administration, prepares and reviews royalty/participation statements to ensure accuracy and compliance with contractual obligations The Royalty Reporting Analyst is also responsible for responding to inquiries on royalty statements, working with the technology team to identify and test royalty system enhancements, and improve business processes.
• Prepare participations royalty statements, leveraging a new state-of-the-art publishing system, WB's enterprise SAP platform, DC's ALFRED, existing tools, and analytical methodologies.
• Read and understand abstracts, legal agreements, and other related written documentation.
• Performs accurate self review of work to ensure that all contractual obligations have been met and makes necessary statement and royalty systems modifications, as needed.
• Prepares payment requests and performs the necessary procedures to ensure accuracy for statement distribution.
• Perform current and historical data analysis and verify that reporting is in accordance with contractual agreements.
• The analysis work takes into consideration the patterns of publishing, film/television/other product, and agreements between WB Pictures, Animation, Television, Games and DC Comics.
• Research abnormalities using SAP and/or other line-of-business components to review underlying transactional activity.
• Perform special projects and ad hoc analyses, as needed.
• Research and respond to participant and auditor requests for information.
• Support system development efforts and testing of system enhancements.
• Attends department technical and conceptual training sessions and cross-divisional forums as needed.
• Works with staff to explain changes to the royalty system.
• 1-2 years related experience a plus.
• Previous accounting, audit, financial, or IT environment related experience a plus.
• Publishing or entertainment industry related experience a plus.
• Experience with royalties,participations, or residuals a plus.
• Experience with system implementations and testing a plus.
• Knowledge of GAAP vs. cash-based accounting principles a plus.
• Bachelor's degree required. (Finance, Accounting, Mathematics or Information Systems preferred).
• Very strong to expert proficiency in MS, Excel, required.
• SAP experience a plus. Must have strong mathematical and algebra skills.
• Strong analytical and problem -solving skills required.
• Strong planning and organizational skills required.
• Strong time management skills to manage multiple tasks required.
• Ability to read and understand digests and abstracts of legal agreements.
• Passion for DC Comics characters preferred.
• Must be able to understand and communicate with operational, financial, IT and executive personnel.
• Solution oriented individual who can work in a dynamic, fast paced, high volume environment and think outside of the box.
• Must be detail oriented.
• Must be a team player with high-level of interpersonal skills and customer-focus.
• Must be able to work independently and meet tight deadlines under fast paced environment and work overtime, as needed.
• Must be a confident individual who is a quick learner and is a results-oriented and self-starter.
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.