Warner Bros.Leavesden, UK
Full Time Job
The goal of this job is to maximise sales and profit performance of Warner Bros. Studio Tour London through engaging the team, inspiring world class customer service, implementation of the highest commercial standards and effective stock management.
• Leading and engaging with staff to achieve the highest possible levels of sales performance.
• Setting direction in daily briefings to keep all members of the team fully aware of all activity within the department and wider business.
• Drive interaction between our team members and visitors, to improve customer experience and satisfaction in line with key performance indicator (KPI) targets.
• Analysing and interpreting commercial data and feeding back information on product performance.
• Developing opportunities for the team to grow their skill sets.
• Recruiting roles and managing performance and development.
• Managing the content and frequency of staff training strategically, to ensure the team is fully equipped to care for visitor needs.
• Adhering to all H&S policies and procedures to ensure a safe environment for all visitors and staff.
• Ensuring the team are following all profit protection and loss prevention policies.
• Ensuring administrative work, including scheduling and payroll, is accurate and up-to-date.
• Visible leadership presence on the shop floor, to ensure world class visitor experience is delivered.
• Optimising service provided by team and self, leading by example, to increase customer conversion and average spend from each visitor.
• Communicating and working together with other WB divisions and partners.
• Identifying potential out-of-stock issues and communicating back to line manager and colleagues.
• Ensuring the store is merchandised to the highest standard and developing awareness of presentation standards in the team.
• Effective commercial management of the store, developing sales forecasts, positive solutions and documented action plans to maximise store profit.
• Monitoring and reviewing results and evolving processes accordingly.
• Management experience in a similar retail environment (or the tourism, leisure or heritage
• Experience of having worked in an environment where high emphasis is placed on service, product presentation and commercial management.
• Demonstrate people management including employee relations.
• Working with Point of Sales systems and Stock Management systems.
• Develops and motivates individuals & teams to achieve goals.
• Proactively seeks out opportunities to increase sales.
• Ability to analyse and respond to sales data.
• Problem solving and decision making across all areas daily.
• Communicates in a timely & effective manner to enhance store operations.
• Engages effectively with customers & staff.
• Well organised and focused.
• Able to prioritise workload and manage change in an environment that never stands still.
• Work as part of a team with a flexible and caring approach.
• Full use of Microsoft Office Suite would be advantageous.
This role is full time (40 hours a week), working shifts. Due to the varied nature of a visitor attraction, regular weekend and evening work will be required, across a seven-day rota. Because we never stand still, a high level of flexibility is required to suit the needs of the business. This can include working weekends, bank holidays, school holidays and late evenings, in rotation with other team members.
As an ambassador for the business, the retail manager with support retail, as the lead on the retail duty management team. In addition, the role includes occasional duty management of the Studio Tour with responsibility for the site.
On occasion, the Retail Manager will support and deputise for the Head of Retail and Director, Tours and Retail, in working with third parties on site including (but not limited to) audio guide services, and photography services.
Our people make WM the inspiring organisation it is today.
At WarnerMedia, our commitment starts with you! As a company of storytellers and journalists we have a responsibility to make sure we have a collection of voices and people whose stories reflect and connect with the global audiences and communities we serve.
WarnerMedia, and its suite of brands like Warner Bros., CNN, HBO Max, HBO, TNT, TBS, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Boomerang and many more, have long been committed to equity and inclusion as moral and business imperatives. It is essential that our content and creative partners reflect the diversity of our society and the world around us. Together with other production companies, networks, guilds, unions, talent agencies and others in the industry, WarnerMedia is committed to greater inclusion of people of colour, women, the LGBTQ community, those with disabilities and other underrepresented groups in greater numbers both in front of and behind the camera
There really has never been a better and more exciting time to join WarnerMedia. For more information on how to join our company and our commitment to diversity and inclusion, please click here.
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
Warner Bros. Studios Leavesden (WBSL) is a purpose built, state-of-the-art film and television studio offering one of the largest facilities in the UK. This 200-acre secure site has a half a million square feet of stage space, a back-lot tank, one of the largest heated underwater filming tanks in Europe and a 100 acre back-lot. It also owns Set-Lighting and Rigging - a rentals division, WB De Lane Lea - a post-production facility and Leavesden Park - a contemporary office complex. It is the only Hollywood owned studio of its calibre to be operated in the UK.
Warner Bros. Studio Tour London – The Making of Harry Potter is the only place in the world to showcase the authentic sets, props and behind-the-scenes secrets of the Harry Potter films at the location where they were made. It has attracted over 13 million visitors since opening in 2012, features retail stores with merchandise celebrating the Harry Potter film series and has received over 40,000 reviews on TripAdvisor with 96% rating the experience as 'excellent' or 'very good'. Since launching, additions to the Tour include Platform 9 ¾ featuring the original Hogwarts Express, the Forbidden Forest and Gringotts Wizarding Bank.
In December 2018, WBSL acquired the Platform 9 ¾ group which sells Wizarding World merchandise, souvenirs, and collectibles. It includes shops at Kings Cross Station, Heathrow Terminal 5, and Gatwick's North Terminal.
We are now looking to recruit a customer centric, and results driven Store Manager to join our Retail Team based at Warner Bros. Studio Tour – The Making of Harry Potter in Leavesden.