Warner Bros.Burbank, CA
Full Time Job
Research Director- Innovation, Special Projects & Community Management
WarnerMedia seeks a Director, Innovation & Global Community Management for the Global Insights and Analytics department.
The Director, Innovation & Global Community Management will lead the design, implementation and distribution of the primary and secondary market and customer intelligence globally for home entertainment, digital and games product lines.
• Community: Studio wide point person for organizing and managing projects, and maintaining an optimal research calendar. Shepherds all research through to successful completion (directly or indirectly) and ensures stakeholder satisfaction. Works closely with Director of FanLab to manage priorities, pilot studies, and partner integrations. Manages A-List Community weekly status calls with key territories. Seeks and approves all engagement activities. Manages additional research with partners (chatbots, qualitative, new methods). Maintains and responds to all access requests in accordance with CCPA.
• Primary research: Manage various qualitative research projects (focus groups, IDIs, ethnographies, online chats, etc) from start to finish (includes screener development, overseeing recruitment, note taking, topline reporting, executive debriefing). Ensures success of the project.
• Biometrics: execute monthly trailer tracking obtaining biometric data and oversee management of the database of collected biometric reads. Work closely with Fanlab Director.
• Primary research (quantitative): manages, designs, and executes quantitative research related to emerging technologies and the HE business.
• Specifically, the role will manage the weekly recontact survey for the WB Lifecycle tracker along with the bulk recontact as needed by title for TH/SVOD and PVOD. This work will be summarized in a by-title post mortem report along with any ad-hoc post requests. For this work, the Director will work directly with the Director of Film Research.
• Syndicated research: arranges and coordinates in-person meetings with outside vendors and key stakeholders, manages ongoing ''lunch and learn'' sessions with key stakeholders, manages ad-hoc research requests
• The Oracle: partner with other divisions to advocate use of the portal for company-wide communication, prepares and develops monthly newsletters, manages portal analytics (monthly reports), provides recommendations for ongoing portal improvements (quick links, search), manages portal customization to address cross divisional needs
• Research project management, methodology structure, questionnaire design and analysis
• In-depth understanding of quantitative and qualitative methods
• Able to thrive in a dynamic fast paced environment and meet hard deadlines
• CPG, Home video and/or entertainment research
• International experience would also be a plus.
• Prior experience in successfully juggling multiple projects in a fast paced environment.
• Social media listening and/or biometrics research experience a plus.
• A strong understanding of the digital entertainment-based research vendor.
• Strong understanding of the digital entertainment space.
• Research experience at a Studio or with an entertainment –based research vendor.
• Experience managing diverse personalities in a fast-paced creative environment.
• Have demonstrable problem solving and independent decision making skills.
• Be able to meet specific deadlines while balancing multiple projects and priorities.
• Strong organizational and excellent project management skills in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.Warner Bros. has been entertaining audiences for more than 90 years through the world's most-loved characters and franchises. Warner Bros. employs people all over the world in a wide variety of disciplines. We're always on the lookout for energetic, creative people to join our team.