Quality Assurance Director
Warner Bros.Montreal, QC
This was removed by the employer on 4/8/2021 1:44:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Post Production Category
Browse the Studio Category
Search for Quality Assurance Director jobs in Montreal-QC
Search all Quality Assurance Director postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Quality Assurance Director? Quality Assurance (QA) Director
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
SUMMARY OF POSITION
WB Games Montréal, a division of Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment (WBIE), seeks a Quality Assurance (QA) Director is responsible for overseeing all Publishing Quality Assurance activities for all WB Games published products across Sony, Microsoft, Nintendo, Google, Apple, PC and all future platforms, whether they're developed by internal/external Studios.
The QA Director works closely with producers, testers, engineers and others within the organization to create a complete test process and monitors quality and budgets over assigned projects. The QA Director manages the relationships with external QA vendors. Working with the Senior Director, QA, Localization & Customer Service, the QA Director defines the best strategies within given constraints to provide the highest value quality service on all products assigned to WBG QA. In addition, the QA Director is responsible for hiring, training, supervising, scheduling, and monitoring the activities of all QA personnel.
• Needs to be able to communicate both up and down throughout the organization. Displaying strong leadership skills is obviously a requirement, and the Director of QA should also be able to manage and inform Senior Management, peers, partners, and studio heads while being an advocate for QA's efforts.
Strong QA Execution
• Needs to know how to apply energies to the correct areas of QA before, during, and after issues are presented on a title or within the organization as whole. The Director of QA should know, intimately, best practices for an effective QA organization and be able to navigate a clear path to providing top level service to the production teams and to the organization as a whole.
Strong vision for design and execution of the QA Organization.
• Needs to be able to design a best in class organizational structure to deliver top level service to the publishing organization, build and grow capability of individuals and QA's productivity, and provide WB with an expert perspective on industry standards and changes. The QA Director is a thought leader who champions development and usage of cutting edge tools and methods in an everchanging industry.
• • Oversee the execution of all QA activities, including software quality assurance and certification testing.
• Originate, implement and enforce testing processes, procedures and standards across all WB Games products. These policies should be created by working closely with existing product teams and QA personnel
• Define strategies and solutions to optimize budget allocation and general service improvements for the testing of our products
• Validate test plans that span of a product's lifecycle and cover art, design and engineering quality assurance of all SKUs
• Manage all QA budgets and deliver any needed information to PD and Corporate Finance.
• Oversee the internal certification and compliance group, including approval of staffing for specific skill sets and keeping up to date on Sony's TRC, Microsoft's TCR, Nintendo's Lotcheck, Microsoft's Games For Windows™ issues, as well as any future compliance and certification technologies
• Manage external QA vendor relationships, which includes but is not limited to:
• Identifying and negotiating work contracts with external vendors for services related to the testing of WB's games (e.g., compatibility, pre-certification, localization testing, etc.)
• Work with product teams and QA product Lead to deliver effective test suites and guidelines to external QA partners
• Review results of the working relationships to refine future processes
• Create and manage QA budget P/L for all products according to the slate release schedule. This will include staffing plans to accommodate full-time personnel as well as the use of extensive QA contract personnel
• Sets operating, cost, and quality goals for the department
• Oversee the creation, execution, development, and future planning of QA attached support services.
Personnel & Communication
• • Hire and manage high level QA personnel, as well as oversee hiring performed by direct reports. This includes full time employees and temp or agency employees as well as the use of QA contract houses for issues such as compatibility. Ensure QA personnel are prioritizing and tracking defects and issues appropriately and recommend corrective action where required
• Participate in interactions with a variety of internal and external users to acquire and exchange information on QA issues and processes
• Manage relationships with appropriate first-party QA personnel worldwide as required
• Establish QA personnel training programs, mentorship, and provide career guidance
JOB QUALIFICATION STANDARDS
• • 10 years of software QA experience.
• 10 years of management experience, ideally within the computer or video game field.
• Experience with game console certifications as required by Windows, Microsoft, Sony, and Nintendo.
, Professional Training, Technical Training or Certification
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent.
• Master's Degree preferred
• • Solid knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Online/internet skills. Knowledge of MS Project and Adobe Photoshop a plus.
• Excellent understanding of PC and console game testing.
• In depth understanding of formal test and development processes.
• Excellent hiring and performance management skills.
• Ability to create solid test plans and strategies.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Excellent negotiation, interpersonal and conflict resolution skills.
Other RequirementsManagement has the right to add or change duties and job requirements at any time. This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.