Warner Bros.Burbank, CA
Full Time Job
The Warner Bros. Television Group oversees and grows the entire portfolio of Warner Bros.' television businesses, including worldwide production, traditional and digital distribution, and broadcasting.
Burbank Television Enterprises LLC seeks a Publicity Assistant for the WWTVM Communications & Publicity department.
The Publicity Assistant provides administrative and creative support to two Directors of Publicity on all aspects of publicity related to scripted television series produced by the divisions of the Warner Bros. Television Group.
• Administrative: Assist publicity director in extremely busy TV studio publicity department. Answer phones, manage calendars, coordinate and set up conference calls, process and submit expense reports, general filing. Coordinate and book travel for talent, including airfare, transportation, hotel and per diem. Work closely with operations to traffic publicity invoices and ensure payments. Perform other administrative duties as assigned.
• Publicity Events: Coordinate all aspects of talent and/or producer involvement in all manner of publicity events, from initial ask to securing participation, planning, logistics and event execution. Events include but are not limited to photo shoots and publicity special events (TCA press tours, panel discussions at Paley Center, TV Academy, SAG, etc.), consumer/fan conventions (Comic-Con, WonderCon, New York Comic Con, SXSW, etc.), red carpets, etc.
• Media Monitoring and Distribution: Monitor daily media by conducting news searches of assigned series to find all coverage, including major features, breaking news, casting news, highlights, roundup stories, reviews, recaps, etc. Forward daily press clipping e-mails to producers and key personnel. Using WB systems, record and clip all broadcast appearances, and archive/distribute as needed. Maintains archives of all press breaks for assigned series, including ordering physical copies of magazines and newspapers if necessary. As needed, assist other departmental assistants with reading of daily, weekly and monthly publications for news clipping, and assist with distribution of internal entertainment and/or industry news packets.
• Talent and Producer Interviews and Media Appearances: Help to filter various press requests for talent and producers. Help to coordinate availability and schedule talent/producer interviews. Under supervision, pitch interview and story ideas to various talent bookers/journalists/bloggers, etc.
• Media Set Visits: Organize logistics for set visits and provide support as needed for external media outlets and internal EPK crews. Greet and escort crews on the Warner Bros. Studios lot. Supervise crews on set as needed and ensure proper execution, with outlets obtaining desired interviews/footage while following agreed-upon parameters of set visit. Serve as talent relations liaison for crews from Warner Bros. Home Entertainment, Warner Bros. Worldwide Television Distribution and more.
• Video Clips: Fulfill clip requests from media outlets in a timely manner, and pitch clips to media outlets for promotional use. Complete and track publicity clearance and/or licensing agreements for the various clips and outlets. Work closely with supervisor(s) in conjunction with legal on special licensing requests.
• Blogger Outreach, Social Media, Press Relationships: Acts as social media ambassador for assigned series. Connect the area between traditional publicity and fan outreach. Spearhead relationships with entertainment bloggers and digital influencers. Help develop new opportunities for Studio in online and social media space. Monitor social media activities of talent, producers and media. Participate in social media (Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat, Facebook, etc.) on behalf of WB series. Develop relationships with mainstream media outlets and bloggers for benefit of Studio's series.
• Minimum of 1–2 years of administrative support experience at a studio, network or agency (public relations, talent/literary, etc.) required
• Prior internships in the entertainment or public relations/communications field preferred
• Must have passion for and general understanding of entertainment industry
• Must understand social media and participate on leading platforms
• High School diploma or equivalent required.
• College degree or equivalent work experience required.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and Internet required.
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills required.
• Must have the ability to work additional hours as needed.
• Must possess exemplary organizational skills and ability to prioritize tasks.
• Must possess excellent listening and interpersonal skills.
• Must be able to interface with all levels of personnel, including senior management, talent, and producers.
• Must have ability to create and maintain databases and other resources.
• Must be a team player.
• Must be able to work in an extremely fast-paced environment, maintaining cheerful disposition in face of adversity
• Must be able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
• Must have excellent follow-through skills
• Must be open to constructive feedback and have a thick skin
• Must be able to manage heavy workload and successfully see projects/tasks through to completion
• Must be able to work under minimal supervision
• Must be detail-oriented and maintain confidentiality
• Must be able to work under strict time constraints
• Must be able to resolve conflicts within the scope of responsibility
• Must be able to work overtime, as required.
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.