Program Manager, Production Technology Operations
Warner Bros.Burbank, CA
Full Time Job
Location: United States - California - Burbank
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.Warner Bros. has been entertaining audiences for more than 90 years through the world's most-loved characters and franchises. Warner Bros. employs people all over the world in a wide variety of disciplines. We're always on the lookout for energetic, creative people to join our team.
WarnerMedia seeks a Program Manager, Production Technology Operations for the Production Yechnology – EPTDS department.
• Responsible for managing project implementations related to production applications (internally hosted or SaaS), security & compliance, deployment of new technology software, hardware, and infrastructure. Often involves facilitation of discussions with groups of 1-20 including senior management levels.
• Partner with WB Technology leads and business unit/production stakeholders to ensure solutions align with project goals and business workflow requirements. Gains consensus on project assumptions, expected outcomes, timing, risk mitigation, deliverables, and requirements. Elicit use cases, user stories, test scripts, functional requirements and functional specification documentation from analysts, engineers and other subject matter experts. Define current and future states and identification of gaps.
• Follow up with task assignees as needed to ensure quality and timely delivery. Work to remove impediments that may be blocking team progress.
• Orchestrate change management activities, including creating/delivering business and stakeholder communications and training material for various production technology initiatives.
• Define, publish and track appropriate key metrics and performance indicators for projects as they relate to production collaboration solutions. Identifiy program inefficiencies and improvements. Measure, evaluate and prioritize scopeof items according to business strategic plans.
• Manages accurate and detailed project and budget plans. Develops efficient budget and task plans to support initiatives and advocates for approaches that maximize strategic value to the business.
• Create and maintain executive presentations, status reports, and dashboards for production technology initiatives. Decompose, document and communicate information at various levels of detail using best practice business analysis techniques and artifacts (e.g. flow charts, wireframes, screen mockups, etc.) for both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
• Waterfall and Agile methodologies, including ability to act as Scrum Master or Product Manager on Agile teams
• Experience with compliance laws, security standards and certifications: SOC1 & SOC2, SSAE 16, GDPR, California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA)
• Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, including MS-Project, MS-Outlook, MS-Visio, MS-Excel, MS-PowerPoint and MS-Word
• Strong proficiency in collaboration, project management, and ticketing tools, including Jira, MS Project, MS Teams, OneDrive, SharePoint, Box, Webex, SmartSheet, Service Now, and Zendesk
• Basic understanding of client-server, web server, database, and cloud computing architecture
• Familiarity with remote work collaboration tools (e.g., web presence, VPN, and remote access software)
• Ability to quickly assimilate/understand new business & technology concepts
• Analysis of data & information to present key take-aways & develop insights
• Ability to develop and deliver strategic pitches to senior management
• Able to establish & maintain good relationships with collegues, cllient and partners both interna and external
• Ability to translate & tailor corporate developed initiatives & policies to what is appropriate for the production environment
• Always remains composed under pressure
• Not aggressive in having and expressing a clear position on many things
• Negotiating vendor contracts around new technologies
• Functional knowledge of the Television and/or Feature Production business areas - highly desirable
• Excellent grasp of business and technology best-practices - including software delivery lifecycle, change management, information security, and content protection
• Strong customer relationship skills
• Ability to interface effectively with multiple levels of management, ranging from senior business executives to business domain experts and third parties
• Resolution of large and complex issues in creative and efficient ways
• Facilitation of problem resolution and project discussions across multiple parties – both internal and external to the company
• Excellent problem solving, quantitative and analytical skills, critical thinking and the ability to effectively work through abstract concepts
• Ability to work successfully across organizational lines and influence outcomes
• Independent preparation of presentation quality documents and Sr. Management level summaries
• High-degree of independence and self-motivation; enthusiasm for challenging work
• Ability to manage dependencies, and risks associated with strategic technology deliverables
• Self-starter motivated to multi-task and manage own priorities to meet expectations
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Experience working with and relying on external vendors in alternate time zones
• Must be able to communicate effectively and tactfully with all levels of personnel, both in person and remotey
• Must be able to pay close attention to complex detail and understand written and verbal instructions
• Must be able to organize and schedule work effectively
• Must be able to work well under time constraints
• Must be able to handle multiple tasks with changing priorities, communicating changes in scope and schedule to all parties concerned
• Must be service-oriented
• Must be able to work independently
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.