Warner Bros.Burbank, CA
Full Time Job
Location: United States - California - Burbank
Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. seeks a Product Manager for the Monetization & Workplace Tech: HE, DCE, CP, Games & Foundational Tech department.
The Product Manager will be accountable for delivery of the Consumer Products Business Partner Portal. This role will guide the success of the product and lead the cross-functional team that is responsible for implementing and continuously improving the portal. The Product manager will work with the Technology & Business Sponsors to set the strategic product vision as well as create and update the product roadmap, define features for the product and prioritize them into a realistic and rationalized release plan based on a prioritized backlog.
Product Roadmap: Work with the business users and Business Analysts to define the product strategic vision, and roadmap for the Consumer Products (CP) Business Partner Portal. This role will facilitate the elicitation, analysis, documentation, and organization of requirements and KPIs into a clear, concise, and actionable product backlog that will deliver prioritized incremental business value throughout the product's lifecycle. The Product manager will provide product oversight to ensure consistent product experience of user controls, data definitions, business logic, and product aesthetics.
User Acceptance & Adoption: Maintains a deep empathy for business users and wants to creatively solve problems with a user-first mentality. Facilitate User Acceptance Testing and work with the Change Management team to ensure adoption through hands-on training.
Continuous Delivery: Evaluate and recommend product innovations and enhancements that drive business value and maximize the ROI for the product. Partner with peer Product Managers, Architecture, Engineering, Quality Assurance, and Program Management to identify, evaluate, and integrate 1st and 3rd party strategic technical solutions. Enumerate and identify clear business KPIs, for setting annualized objectives and partnering with GTM and Financial Planning teams to meet the business and product goals.
• 5 years in building technical products using Salesforce
• Experience in the Licensing and Consumer Products industry
• Previous experience working with Salesforce, Einstein Analytics, Tableau
• Experience defining and managing business requirements and outcomes with our business partners, and working with technical teams to create and integrate relevant features into the product roadmap
• Experience with Agile development approach and tools
• Experience with production release cycles and product planning
• Experience writing detailed epics and user stories with measurable acceptance criteria
• Experience working in a cross-matrixed teams with several active workstreams and integration points
• Ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences
• Experience building positive relationships with internal and external team members
• Experience communicating and working with technical and non-technical senior stakeholders
• Undergraduate Degree Preferred
• Scrum Master and Agile certification is preferred
• Ability to work in cross-matrixed teams
• High degree of commitment, independence, and self-motivation; enthusiasm for challenging work
• High level management and leadership skills
• Conflict resolution and problem-solving skills
• Knowledge of product management and release planning
• Ability to work with diverse multi-disciplinary teams
• Excellent time-management and organizational skills
• Excellent communication, collaboration, and client engagement skills
• Excellent analytical, trouble shooting and problem-solving skills
• Proven understanding of Salesforce architecture, design, and implementation systems
• Functional knowledge of these additional applications and processes:
• • Einstein Analytics (preferred)
• Jira & Confluence
• MS O365 Office (Must be proficient in PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Project, Visio, SharePoint , Teams)
• General office activities - walking, standing, sitting, speaking, finger manipulation, lifting, bending, etc.
• Must be able to communicate effectively and tactfully with all levels of personnel, both in person, on the phone or in virtual meetings
• Must be able to pay close attention to complex detail and understand written and oral instructions
• Must be able to organize and schedule work effectively
• Must be able to work well under time constraints
• Must be able to handle multiple tasks with changing priorities, communicating changes in scope and schedule to all parties concerned
• Must be service-oriented
• Must be able to work independently
• Must be able to demonstrate resilience and reset quickly if/when encountering potential setbacks
• Must be able to work standard hours (8:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.) with some flexible hours, including possible overtime, when necessary
• Must be able to maintain confidentiality
• Demonstrates resiliency when met with challenges
• Management has the right to add or change duties and job requirements at any time.
• Previous UI/UX Designer experience
• Experience in Media & Entertainment Industry
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.