Payroll Tax Analyst
Warner Bros.Burbank, CA
Full Time Job
Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. seeks a Payroll Tax & Garnishments Analyst for the HR Services Payroll Tax & Garnishments department. The Analyst for Payroll Tax and Garnishments is responsible for helping to ensure the Company's ongoing compliance with all federal, state, and local tax laws, regulations, and financial reporting rules. This individual will prepare and review tax returns, and input garnishment data ensuring that rules and priorities are applied properly. This individual is responsible for analyzing, researching and resolving issues and addressing related tax and garnishment inquiries. This individual will specialize in payroll regulatory compliance across all states in which employees reside, including US and international based employees, and legal entities working with the Manager, Payroll Settlement & Accounting. He/she will participate in special projects when required.
• Conduct payroll activities utilizing Workday Payroll and ADP Tax and Garnishment Services including but not limited to:
• Entry and maintenance of tax and withholding order data in Workday Payroll.
• Calculate additional payroll-related items, including garnishments and tax adjustments.
• Register new tax jurisdictions and set up in Workday.
• Review and submit data for tax returns and amendment filings to ADP including amendments.
• Review and correct tax and garnishment errors identified in the periodic and quarterly data transmission and filing to ADP.
• Prepare reports and projections.
• Perform account reconciliation against the general ledger and balance sheet.
• Assist the Payroll Reconciliation Team to analyze and resolve discrepancies.
• Research and respond to payroll tax and garnishment related inquiries from employees, agencies, and other internal/external parties.
• Perform federal tax deposits for Form 1042 purposes and California tax deposits for Form 592 purposes related to non-resident independent contractors. Fill out and submit the required forms to the tax agencies on a quarterly and yearly basis.
• Reconcile and review garnishment input to determine if all policies and financial regulations are being followed and financial postings in SAP accounts.
• Identify, research, test, implement, and develop training materials on payroll tax procedures, employment tax processes, and garnishment payroll processes; maintain internal policies and procedures in accordance with the law.
• Support the Payroll Tax Manager with other projects and tasks as required.
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related field or equivalent combination of work experience required.
• CPP, CPA or FPC certification preferred.
• Minimum 2 years of experience with Workday HR/payroll required.
• Minimum 2 years related experience in tax and garnishments required.
• Minimum 2 years related experience in payroll processes required.
• Previous experience in working with enterprise HR and payroll systems required.
• Understanding of federal and state regulations related to salaries, wages, taxes, benefits, and other payroll related matters required.
• Previous experience in a confidential environment strongly preferred.
• Payroll software implementation experience preferred.
• Experience with Workday HR/payroll integration and mass data change uploads (EIB) preferred.
• Experience with systems and processes related to union payroll processing required.
• Experience with a large multi-business unit organization a plus.
• Experience working in a shared services organization a plus.
• Knowledge of payroll practices, tax and garnishment laws, and record keeping.
• Knowledge of Windows, Excel, Microsoft Word, and Outlook required; Microsoft Access preferred.
• Must have excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Must be able to organize, prioritize and schedule work effectively.
• Must be able to work well under time constraints.
• Must have strong writing and communication skills.
• Must be able to provide efficient, timely, reliable and courteous service to customers.
• Must have the ability to communicate effectively and tactfully with all levels of personnel.
• Must have good organizational skills.
• Must have excellent attention to details.
• Must have excellent analytical skills.
• Must be a self-starter/team player.
• Must be able to handle a high volume in a fast paced environment.