Warner Bros.Burbank, CA
This was removed by the employer on 2/19/2021 5:32:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Accounting/Finance Category
Browse the Human Resources Category
Search for Payroll Analyst jobs in Burbank-CA
Search all Payroll Analyst postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Payroll Analyst?
Full Time Job
WarnerMedia seeks a Payroll Analyst for the HR Services Payroll department. The Payroll Analyst is responsible for payroll administration, payroll audit, and the application of best practice payroll processes.
This individual should be experienced in high volume, multi-state payroll with knowledge of payroll regulatory compliance across all states in which employees reside, including US and expatriate employees, and experience with payroll processing for multiple legal entities. The ideal candidate has processed payroll for unions and is experienced with collective bargaining agreements and union pension health and welfare plans.
Conduct payroll activities utilizing Workbrain Online Time and Attendance (OTA), Workday Time Tracking, and Workday Payroll including but not limited to:
• Entering, reviewing, and auditing timecard data, pay inputs, and pay results.
• Adjusting time entries, pay inputs, or payroll costing allocations.
• Tracing payroll transactions to the financial system general ledger(s).
• Mass loading payroll data using Workday Enterprise Interface Builder (EIB).
• Calculating pay for union employees according to collective bargaining agreements, and all employees according to company policy and legislative requirements.
• Processing special pay requests for relocation, severance, leave of absence, and paid time off.
• Resolving any issues with taxes, imputed income, or benefit deductions.
• Initiating pay runs, monitor and audit payrolls.
• Calculating and entering retroactive pay changes; calculating additional payroll-related items, including garnishments, adjustments, pension, etc.
• Exporting data from OTA for processing in Workday Payroll.
• Performing data analysis by running reports, and using Excel functionality (vlookups, index match, pivot tables).
• Assisting Payroll Reconciliation and Pension Teams to analyze and resolve payroll accounting and pension discrepancies
• Providing excellent customer service in researching and responding to payroll related inquiries from employees, agencies, and other internal/external parties.
• Triaging ticket requests in case management system for issuance of payments and other payroll issues.
• Supporting internal audits of various payroll areas and preparing materials for external and internal auditors.
• Compiling, analyzing and documenting issues on payroll and related fiscal activities in order to identify systemic issues or problems.
• Participating in testing of payroll system or process changes and enhancements.
• Reviewing and updating training materials on payroll processing and maintain internal policies and procedures in accordance with the law. Administering employee trainings on payroll policies and usage of payroll related systems.
• Supporting the Payroll Manager with other projects and tasks as required.
• Bachelor's degree in Business, Accounting, Finance, or a related field or equivalent combination of work experience required.
• CPP or FPC certification preferred.
• Minimum 3 years related experience in payroll operations required.
• Minimum 2 years of experience with Workday HR/payroll or other SaaS payroll engine required.
• Understanding of federal and state regulations related to salaries, wages, taxes, benefits, and other payroll related matters required.
• Experience with Workday HR/payroll integration and mass data uploads (EIB) preferred.
• Understanding of Motion Picture collective bargaining agreements and union pension health and welfare preferred
• Previous experience in a confidential business environment strongly preferred.
• Experience with a large multi-business unit organization is a plus; experience working in a shared services organization is a plus.
• Knowledge of Windows, Excel, Word, and Outlook required.