Warner Bros.Burbank, CA
Full Time Job
Location: United States - California - Burbank
Warner Bros. Home Entertainment Group (WBHEG) brings together all of the Company's businesses involved in delivering home entertainment content to consumers. This includes global distribution of packaged and digital media, and formats including DVD, Blu-ray, video-on-demand, cable, satellite, online, mobile, electronic sell-through and more.
WarnerMedia seeks a Paralegal for the Media Sales & Distribution Department.
WarnerMedia Business & Legal Affairs group is seeking a paralegal to provide cross-functional support to the Home Entertainment (HE) and Content Licensing (CL) teams.
• Contract Drafting & Administration: Manage legal forms and draft standard agreements for both HE and CL teams. Work closely with HE and CL team members (and executive assistant) to process and manage contracts and integrate certain processes with Distribution Contracts Administration team.
• Rights Analysis, Tracking and Reports: Assist attorneys across HE and CL teams with rights takes to establish legal positions and advise clients on business initiatives. Establish and maintain tracking and reporting processes for key rights, non-standard terms and content windowing.
• Manage Obligations and Deal Summaries: Manage and notify stakeholders of key obligations in agreements for HE and CL deals. Integrate certain processes with HE Rights Management legal calendar/notification software. Prepare executive summaries of key HE and CL deals.
• Market Research: Support HE team with market research, coordinating with broader WarnerMedia research teams, and stay informed about the TV and on-demand market through industry newsletters and other sources
• Process Integration : Collaborate with Distribution Contracts Administration team, paralegals, executive assistants and HE Rights Management team to identify and establish cross-functional processes.
• Minimum of 3 years paralegal experience, preferably transactional experience in the area of content distribution and licensing. May consider two years of relevant work experience and/or a legal degree in lieu of paralegal experience.
• College degree preferred.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (i.e., Word, Excel, Outlook, SharePoint) required.
• Must have ability to comprehend contracts/agreements and all other legal documents and data.
• Strong drafting skills required.
• Must be able to maintain a professional attitude at all times.
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written with employees at all levels.
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail required.
• Must have excellent analytical skills, initiative and ability to work autonomously while remaining a strong and supportive member of the legal team.
• Must be able to handle multiple tasks in a fast paced environment.
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.