Motion Capture Technician
Warner Bros.London, UK
Full Time Job
Location: United Kingdom - London
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
Rocksteady Studios is a member of the Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment family, and the developer of the award-winning Batman: Arkham series of games. Our philosophy for game development is all about treating people well to create quality entertainment that stands the test of time.
We're a one-project studio that built our success by combining genre-defining gameplay and character-driven cinematic narrative with AAA production values.
Born in the heart of London, our multicultural team takes inspiration from the culture and history of our home in one of the most diverse cities in the world.
We are looking for a Mocap Technician to join our characterful and collaborative Animation team! This person will be running our in-house Motion Capture studio, and working alongside our team of world class Cinematic and Gameplay Animators on our upcoming title Suicide Squad Kill the Justice League.
Covid-19 Hiring Update: We've transitioned to a work-from-home model and we're continuing to interview and hire during this time.
• Close working relations with Animation Leads and Animators on shoot desires and scheduling.
• Working with Mocap Performers.
• Calibration and set-up for the capture volume, including cameras & equipment.
• Data Post Processing (tracking / solving / retargeting).
• Maintenance of markers, tracking objects, and mocap hardware, suits and consumables.
• Hands-on experience with motion capture software (Vicon Shogun Live and Post) in capture, data clean-up and solving.
• Operation of Vicon motion capture system in a live action shooting environment.
• Solutions-oriented with a passion to succeed.
• Ability to work well with have excellent communication and personable skills.
• Open to exploring emerging tech.
• Knowledge and experience working with motion capture technologies, such as high-end optical (Vicon).
• Experience with Unreal Engine 4, Maya and MotionBuilder.
• A keen interest in Face rig setups and methodologies.
• Knowledge of timecode and video reference as part of a motion capture studio setup.
• Knowledge of video signals/reference camera setup, recording and integration within a Vicon system.
• Knowledge of game production.
• Finger capture experience/knowledge.
• Xsens suit capture experience.
If you do not meet all the requirements, but after reading through the description you feel excited about the position, and believe you'd still be a great fit for the role we'd still love to hear from you!
Our people make WM the inspiring organisation it is today.
At WarnerMedia, our commitment starts with you! As a company of storytellers and journalists we have a responsibility to make sure we have a collection of voices and people whose stories reflect and connect with the global audiences and communities we serve.
WarnerMedia, and its suite of brands like Warner Bros., CNN, HBO Max, HBO, TNT, TBS, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Boomerang and many more, have long been committed to equity and inclusion as moral and business imperatives. It is essential that our content and creative partners reflect the diversity of our society and the world around us. Together with other production companies, networks, guilds, unions, talent agencies and others in the industry, WarnerMedia is committed to greater inclusion of people of color, women, the LGBTQ community, those with disabilities and other underrepresented groups in greater numbers both in front of and behind the camera.
There really has never been a better and more exciting time to join WarnerMedia. For more information on how to join our company and our commitment to diversity and inclusion, please click here.
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.