Media Planner - Returnship
Warner Bros.San Francisco, CA
Part Time Unpaid Internship
Media Planner - Returnship (REMOTE)
Location: United States - California - San Francisco
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
WB Games SF: Warner Bros. is a top video games publisher across multiple platforms. In mobile games, we have a growing portfolio of hits that includes DC Legends, Mortal Kombat X, and LEGO Star Wars: The Complete Saga, and we continue to expand by adding great people and leveraging the best portfolio of brands and intellectual property in the industry, such as DC Comics, Harry Potter, and LEGO. We are looking to add enthusiastic, talented and experienced professionals to our Mobile Publishing team.
The Path Forward Return to Work program at WB Games is a 15-week paid returnship for experienced professionals returning to the workforce after taking time off for caregiving. The program is open to individuals who have at least 5 years of professional experience and have been out of the paid workforce for at least two years to focus on caring for a child or other dependent. If you meet these criteria, we welcome you to apply.
At WB Games, we are excited to be part of the Path Forward program because we appreciate the skills you can offer, the perspective you provide, and the contributions you will make. This program offers you a chance to revamp your skills, update your resume with new experience, and make connections with others transitioning back to the workforce. It also offers support through Path Forward, a nonprofit organization on a mission to empower people who've been focused on caregiving transition back to the paid workforce.
WB Games Inc. seeks a Media Planner - Returnship for the WBG San Francisco UA Analytics department.
Warner Bros. is a top video games publisher and we continue to expand by adding great people and leveraging the best portfolio of brands and intellectual property in the industry. We are looking to add enthusiastic, talented and experienced professionals to our Digital Publishing team.
The Media Planner is responsible for the day-to-day coordination, implementation, and optimization of our marketing strategy and online/offline advertising campaigns. Reporting to the Senior Manager, User Acquisition, this role is crucial to driving Warner Bros. goals in console and mobile gaming titles. Prior experience in games is not required.
• Support team leads on planning, implementation, and tracking of media plans for Console/PC and also Mobile games. Expose the allocation, expected outcomes, and performance forecasts by platform, network, geography, target audience, and other breakouts
• Responsible for aligning our advertising strategy and media mix to ensure that our business goals are met
• Manage media calendars in Asana, or other project management software, to track campaign timelines. Work closely with cross-functional team to identify untapped marketing opportunities
• Prepare reports summarizing performance of executed media investments
• Stay up to date on direct and indirect competitors' media strategies to inform our understanding of the market and opportunities to improve
• BA/BS Degree in Communication, Marketing, and Economics or other relevant coursework
• 2 years of experience in media planning or a similar role
• Ability to build out processes and provide structure in ambiguous environments
• Must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Ability to work in a fast-pace environment and prioritize work to meet specific deadlines required
• Blend of quantitative and analytical skill with a strong results-oriented, metrics-drive approach to problem solving
• Experience optimizing campaigns and adjusting bids based on RoAS and LTV
• Proficiency with MS Office (incl. Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint) and Google Drive products
Nice to Haves
• Experience with Looker, Tableau, and other data visualization platforms a plus
• Experience with Nielsen or other market intelligence products a plus
• Ability to collaborate with colleagues across different disciplines and locations to achieve results
• Must be self-motivated and results oriented
• Attendance at industry conferences as require.
• Passion/knowledge about games is a plus
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.