Marketing Director, APAC
Warner Bros.Singapore, SG
This was removed by the employer on 12/21/2020 4:30:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Executive Positions Category
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Browse the Studio Category
Search for Marketing Director, APAC jobs in Singapore-SG
Search all Marketing Director, APAC postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Marketing Director, APAC?
Full Time Job
Marketing Director, APAC (Theatrical Marketing)
Work with Head of Marketing, APAC and Senior Digital Marketing Manager APAC and Home Office International Marketing team in driving the planning, project management and execution of APAC Theatrical Marketing campaigns across the region for select assigned films.
Provide APAC markets with distribution, media, promotions and publicity support on a film-by-film basis and guide strategy discussions on media, digital and data with local markets to optimize APAC theatrical marketing campaigns.
Work with local marketing teams to understand specific local market strategies, concerns and nuances while also articulating a broader APAC regional perspective communicating back to home office teams to find solutions and compromises designed to maximise local territory box office.
Facilitate bringing together markets from across the region overseeing the implementation of key home office priorities, driving the adoption of best practices and idea-sharing, ensuring that local markets have the support and resources they need from the local, regional or international level to achieve excellence in marketing campaigns.
Expand relationships with second tier markets, sharing APAC expertise across all territories in order to achieve local marketing team development and box office growth in these markets. Identify territories needing special attention or focus, and devise strategies for improvement of overall marketing campaigns.
Essential job functions
• Work with Head of Marketing APAC, distribution teams, home office department heads, regional and territory-level marketing executives to coordinate early strategic planning and priority setting on a market-by-market basis for key film titles.
• Ensure that overall plans & strategies are communicated to all APAC offices in a consistent way that reflects brand values and messaging.
• On a tactical day-to-day level, communicate international marketing strategies, story presentations, filmmaker decks and other marketing information from home office, providing both strategic and executional guidance and feedback to markets in local time.
• Work with key home office film team leads to coordinate early marketing campaign brainstorms soliciting 'big ideas' from key territories to impact regional and local campaign ideation. Process to include setting annual priorities and timelines, sourcing film-by-film briefing documents from home office, resulting in coordinating the markets presenting a select set of ideas to home office international department heads.
• Work with local offices to improve creativity, innovation and idea generation, developing key WB marketing executive talent across all markets. Key regional point person on assigned films to collaborate with the territories on campaign presentation process by soliciting, reviewing and providing feedback on marketing plans from the territories, with input from the regional office team.
• Review creative marketing materials (print, AV, digital etc.) with APAC marketing department and local marketing teams to make strategic recommendations on adaptations required.
• Work with regional office marketing team to support trade marketing efforts across the region.
• Work with Home Office and EMEA promotions and partnerships teams as a marketing liaison to support further development of local partnerships.
• Work with Senior Digital Marketing Manager, APAC to Identify and oversee new and innovative media opportunities across key markets and sharing of media best practices and successful executions.
• Develop and implement APAC media strategies and where applicable, develop and evaluate pan-APAC media campaigns for select theatrical releases and supervise appointed regional media agencies in the implementation of campaigns.
• With the support of the Senior Digital Marketing Manager APAC, aid in the development of programmatic media strategy and media plans (and stronger agency support) at the local level, particularly in those territories with smaller teams.
• Review and provide support for local media plans and local media campaigns overall.
• Act as thought partners to local markets, leading and empowering them to succeed in becoming leaders in the media space locally.
• Drive the implementation of key priorities and media deals in the region in a timely manner within the local framework and local needs.
• Work with Home Office SVP & VP International Media and Planning on financial and media performance audits across key markets and follow up with territories on key findings and action points.
• Analyse US and local APAC market research, box office results, trends and competitive activity making strategic recommendations of new marketing and media opportunities and assess necessary changes to media plans.
• Responsible for managing all reporting and key approvals from Home Office publicity team for all talent requests, talent tours and publicity initiatives.
• Manage local territory teams to facilitate junket and premiere planning (approval of junket schedules with Home Office publicity, budgets, event/vendor management, talent coordination etc.)
• Work with Digital and Marketing Coordinator APAC to manage territory interview requests and supervise the proper use of publicity materials.
Cross-Divisional & Dept Collaboration
• Oversee collation of local titles for assigned films from offices for approval by Home Office.
• Support APAC research requirements working with Burbank-based research team on weekly tracking, recruited screenings, tag-ons and other ad hoc research projects.
• Analyse research and tracking reports and make appropriate recommendations for adjustments to marketing campaigns in conjunction regional marketing team.
• In partnership with other department executives continuously liaise and collaborate with WarnerMedia divisions –Turner, HBO, WBIE, Home Entertainment, TV & Consumer Products among others - sharing theatrical campaign plans to find cross-divisional synergy opportunities and encourage relevant marketing activity.
• Previous marketing experience directly related to marketing and the motion picture industry required.
• Experience dealing with multiple international offices, languages and cultures required.
• Proficiency in multiple languages preferred.
• Must have a robust command of APAC marketing.
• Must have assertiveness and command of perspective in broad marketing considerations.
• Must have comprehensive knowledge of APAC markets pertaining to marketing, media, publicity and promotions.
• Must have the ability to garner respect and cultivate a team-based environment.
• Must have cross-functional knowledge of theatrical marketing departments.
• Must be knowledgeable about and have had experience dealing with the international marketplace.
• Strong interpersonal skills. Must have the ability to communicate effectively and tactfully
• with senior executives, colleagues, vendors, clients, talent and other levels of personnel, both oral and written.
• Ability to organize and schedule work and staff effectively.
• Experience managing staff.
• Work well under time constraints.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks.
• Experience working in a fast-paced environment.
• Must be a leader in forging relationships.
• Must be a forward-thinker with knowledge of and interest in diverse cultures and languages.