Manager, Residual Ultimates
Warner Bros.Burbank, CA
Full Time Job
Warner Bros. corporate functions provide specialized knowledge and expertise to support our vast portfolio of businesses like DC Comics, Warner Bros. Pictures, Warner Bros. Television Group and Warner Bros. Consumer Products.
Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. seeks a Manager, Residual Ultimates for the Financial Planning & Analysis – Executive department.
• The Corporate Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) department is responsible for financial statement consolidations and analysis, and film cost computations for Studios & Networks Entertainment, Inc.
• The results of these efforts are submitted to Senior Management, WarnerMedia and various outside parties.
• This position is responsible for calculating Residuals Ultimates for various products that are accounted for at the corporate level.
• This includes interpretation of contractual information, constructing residuals ultimate models, calculation of quarterly residuals ultimates, and ensuring the accuracy of residual obligations.
• This position is also responsible for the reconciliation of all residual liabilities on a scheduled basis.
• This position will also be involved in special projects within the Film Ultimates group of FP&A.
• Responsibilities will include involvement in projects related to new by-title system or business process projects, coordination with the corporate residuals group on film product issues, Sarbanes Oxley and audit support, and other projects as required.
• Work Experience Minimum 5-7 years experience in an accounting/budgeting or related environment required
• Previous experience in public accounting and/or the entertainment industry required
• Education, Professional Training, Technical Training or Certification
• BA/BS degree in Accounting, Economics or related field required, advanced degree preferred
• Working knowledge of SOP 00-2 required
• CPA/MBA preferred
• Knowledge/Skills Thorough knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and financial statements
• Strong overall understanding of Residuals, including the ability to read and understand complex legal agreements
• Prior experience in Residuals is strongly preferred
• Strong overall understanding of film and television distribution
• Must have effective writing and verbal communication skills; required to communicate effectively with all levels of Studios & Networks and WarnerMedia personnel
• Strong analytical and logic skills including ability to grasp the ''big picture''
• Strong financial modeling skills Advanced proficiency in Excel required
• SAP experience, including BW/BPS, preferred
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.