Manager, Production Catering
Warner Bros.Burbank, CA
Full Time Job
Location: United States - California - Burbank
Warner Bros. Studio Operations (WBSO) oversees the physical operations of the historic 110-acre main lot in Burbank including its 30 soundstages and 20-acre backlot, as well as production-related services including costume, set-dressing, construction, set lighting, catering, transportation, photography and much more. The production site also hosts tours for consumers offering guests intimate views at the inner workings of thriving entertainment studios.
Warner Bros. Studio Operations, a division of WB Studio Enterprises Inc. seeks a Manager, Production Catering for the Food Services department.
The position oversees Warner Bros. Production Catering at Warner Bros. Studio Operations. Position manages the catering sales and operation efforts of the Food Services department to provide an excellent customer experience for cast & crew on and off the lot. The Production Catering department generates income primarily from studio productions using mobile catering trucks, off-site venues, and craft-type service carts. The position supervises a catering sous chef, captains and other employees servicing Production Catering.
• DAY TO DAY OPERATIONS: Primarily sells and corresponds with productions to ensure that cast & crew are serviced with food & beverage. Builds and maintains strong relationships with production contacts and internal WB departments. Administers accounts by managing the contract/sales software for efficient record keeping, including invoicing and reporting; and following stage occupancy and occupants to accurately forecast production catering revenue. Communicates with studio productions to channel all food & beverage business to Food Services venues. Facilitates repairs and maintenance on the production catering equipment, including the upkeep of licenses, catering truck permits, etc. Responsibilities include a hands-on leadership approach to ensure that the high standards of Warner Bros. are met daily. These include supervising staff, floor and location supervision, event planning, enforcing work rules, communicating effectively, safety and sanitation, and providing the operations staff with the information they need in a timely manner. May assist in other Food Services areas when needed.
• PERSONNEL: Responsible for the assignment and supervision of personnel, makes hiring recommendations, reviews performance and directs as needed; Maintains a solid working knowledge of the labor agreements and assists with disciplinary issues and conflicts in coordination with the Department head, Labor Relations and Human Resources. Works to resolve situations and provide open communication vehicles.
• BUDGET/FINANCE: Assists the Food Services Operations Manager to develop, implement, and manage the department's budget; continually analyze, forecast, monitor, and assist with the cost of sales and overhead. Achieves this through proper planning, adjusting to an everchanging production schedule and working with 3rd party suppliers when necessary.
• MARKETING: Develops and maintains marketing content that promotes WB Food Services. This includes marketing collateral, websites, signs, WarnerMedia One, surveys and any other opportunities to market Food Services with the goal of additional revenue and premium branding.
• PROJECT MANAGEMENT: Works with other Warner Bros. departments to manage new projects that support the objectives of WBSO.
• 3-5 years management experience in a food and beverage operation, with an emphasis in catering and hospitality.
• Experience in selling catering events.
• 2 or 4 year degree from an accredited university in Food Services Management, Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major; 5 years' experience in the food and beverage, culinary or related professional area.
• Culinary experience that includes involvement with kitchen management
• Solid communication, verbal and written, people and organization skills.
• Proficient in Word, Excel, Outlook knowledge of other PC based applications preferred.
• Demonstrated ability to problem solve.
• Proven ability to manage multiple priorities.
• Strong customer service skills with dedication to great service.
• Ability to work effectively with all levels of management and personnel.
• Must be proactive and capable of assuming additional responsibility as necessary.
• Must be able to have own vehicle to transport self to venue sites.
• Spanish is not required, but preferred.
Management has the right to add or change duties and job requirements at any time.
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.