Manager, Financial Planning - Ecommerce
Warner Bros.Burbank, CA
Full Time Job
Warner Bros. Consumer Products (WBCP), a Warner Bros. Entertainment Company, extends the Studio's powerful portfolio of entertainment brands and franchises into the lives of fans around the world. WBCP partners with best-in-class licensees globally on an award-winning range of toys, fashion, home décor, and publishing inspired by franchises and properties such as DC, Looney Tunes and Harry Potter.
The division's successful global themed entertainment business includes groundbreaking experiences such as The Wizarding World of Harry Potter and Warner Bros. World Abu Dhabi. With innovative global licensing and merchandising programs, retail initiatives, promotional partnerships and themed experiences, WBCP is one of the leading licensing and retail merchandising organizations in the world.
To be successful at WBCP, you must have a willingness to model our values and behaviors, champion diversity and inclusion, leverage data and insights to maximize the legacy of our deep brands and franchises while maintaining a commitment to fostering best-in-class talent.
WB Consumer Products Finance seeks a Manager, Strategy, Business and Financial Planning that supports the North America Licensing and E-commerce teams. This role actively participates in the financial and strategic planning processes to drive growth, while supporting the long-term Global vision for Consumer Products.
Strategy and Business Planning support for North America Products and E-commerce
• Provides support in analyzing and evaluating new business opportunities, including financial modeling, deal analysis, and preparation of materials for review with senior leadership.
• Prepares financial/business insights and long-range projections to support strategic plan.
• Plays a key role in licensee deal renewals and new contractual arrangements with licensees and retailers.
• Keeps pace with retail, economic, and industry trends impacting the region across categories.
Financial Planning and Analysis
• Works directly with Category and e-commerce teams to develop financial estimates and all associated financial analysis for the annual budgets and quarterly forecasts.
• Helps create and improve processes for forecasting and reporting the owned and operated e-commerce business
• Prepares Quarterly Business Review, a key business deliverable that provides insights on the health of the business and guidance necessary for the leaders to make business decisions and effectively run their business.
• Provides business leaders with financial data and insights on quarterly financial results, including comparison to latest forecasts and highlighting areas of risks/upside.
• Works closely with other functional areas to (e.g. Retail Business Development, Global Operations COE, Global Business Services, Legal) to streamline processes and troubleshoot issues impacting financial reporting and planning.
• Manages quarterly revenue accrual, ensuring accuracy of estimates and supporting efficient processes.
• Leverages retail, industry, and other data to create new insights and validate financial plans.
• Supports development of marketing and T&E budgets; communicates key assumptions and expectations to Category teams and monitors expenses to ensure proper cost management.
• Drives growth in WBCP owned and operated e-commerce initiatives
• Drives growth and development within the finance team.
• Bachelor's in Finance, Economics, or a related field required
• MBA strongly preferred
• Previous experience in e-commerce, social commerce, or digital environment.
• 7 years' experience, preferably in a sales planning, business development, or financial planning & analysis role
• Advanced Excel required (pivot tables, macros, formulas), with proficiency with other MS Office applications (PowerPoint, Word, Access). Tableau experience a plus.
• Must be able to create executive level presentations and have the confidence and poise to present at senior level meetings.
• Must have excellent analytic skills
• Must possess a high level of intellectual curiosity that sparks communication, collaboration, and innovation. Must have a willingness to look beyond surface requirements.
• Must be able to communicate effectively and tactfully with persons at all levels.
• Must have the ability to adapt and be agile amongst a changing environment. Be able to translate complex problems into solutions.
• Must be willing to collaborate with management and peers to advance team and company goals.
• Must be detail-oriented, with the ability to understand written and oral instructions.
• Must have the ability to multi-task and work well under time constraints
• Must be able to work independently and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
• Must be willing to expand knowledge relating to industry trends.
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.