Manager Data Platforms and Operations
Warner Bros.Burbank, CA
Full Time Job
Location: United States - California - Burbank
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.Warner Bros. has been entertaining audiences for more than 90 years through the world's most-loved characters and franchises. Warner Bros. employs people all over the world in a wide variety of disciplines. We're always on the lookout for energetic, creative people to join our team.
Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. seeks a Manager Data Platforms and Operations for the Data Services: Global Insights & Marketing Ops department.
The Manager, Data Platforms and Operations for the Business Intelligence team will lead the data analytics platforms architecture design and administration in Tableau, SAS, R Studio and platforms deployment in AWS. The manager will be a key resource to work across our full BI and Analytics stack to ensure highest levels of availability, performance, scalability, security and compliance. The manager will oversee the delivery of valuable BI & Analytics solutions for the largest analytics and insights community with thousands of users at Warner Media.
This Manager will collaborate with the technology leaders and stakeholders to meet their operational support demand for a 24/7 service delivery organization. The ideal candidate will be eager to learn new technology, will move at a fast but methodical pace, will enjoy a challenge, and is able to lead large projects and help solve any technical and business issues that may arise.
• Lead a Data Analytics and Business Intelligence Platform team and interact with stakeholders to understand the current and future business requirements
• Lead architecture, design and development of data analytics and business intelligence platform solutions for Tableau, Looker and SAS in AWS which are built on best practices.
• Advise analytics platform strategy for enterprise-wide deployment.
• Lead platform modernization and unification efforts to move client's analytics workloads and contents to the enterprise cloud platforms.
• Manage the daily operations, activities, and resources in Tableau and SAS Admin.
• Manage application upgrades as directed.
• Ensure that proper application health and performance monitoring is implemented and effectively managed.
• Work with business partners and users to review operational performance and determine appropriate support levels, responses and opportunities to streamline processes.
• Advise management regarding user requirements and operational alignment to client business and priorities
• Identify and provide input to new technology opportunities that will have an impact on the enterprise BI platforms.
• Rapidly deliver on concepts through prototypes that can be presented for feedback
• 6-8 Years of hands-on experience in Data Analytics platform & BI technologies (Tableau/ Looker/ SAS)
• 5 or more years of experience in developing solutions in Tableau
• Tableau and SAS Server Architecture, configuration and administration
• Cloud Architecture (AWS, Azure, GCP)
• Network security (Transport layer security, firewalls/routing, reverse proxy, load balancing)
• User authentication (OKTA, Active Directory, LDAP, SSO, SAML, Kerberos)
• Windows and Linux Server Administration
• Scripting (Python, Powershell)
• Deep understanding & working experience of data warehouse and data mart concepts
• Familiar with Installation, configuration, patching and upgrading of Tableau tool across the environments
• Should be capable of doing Tableau Server Management (like Clustering, Load Balancing, User Management etc)
• Experience administering SAS Viya is a plus
• Experience administering R Studio server is a plus
• Experience in taking back ups and restoration of Tableau repository
• Good knowledge on Tableau Metadata tables and SQL
• Must be familiar with automation using cron jobs, scheduling and AWS lambda
• Must understand application architecture, EC2 configurations, S3 buckets, & storage volumes like EBS or EFS
• Must be able to create architecture & application diagrams
• Should be comfortable in coordinating between infra & info sec teams
• Should be able to create SSH users, create public keys & private keys
• Master degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems or equivalent
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.