Manager, Custodial Services
Warner Bros.Burbank, CA
This was removed by the employer on 11/18/2020 7:30:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Studio Facilities/Equipment Category
Browse the Studio Category
Search for Manager, Custodial Services jobs in Burbank-CA
Search all Manager, Custodial Services postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Manager, Custodial Services? Warner Bros. Studio Operations seeks a Manager, Custodial Services for the Custodial Services department. Responsible for the oversight and daily cleaning of over 2 million square feet of office space, retail stores, museums, food services venues and public restrooms. Assists departments such as Gardening, Labor and Special Events. Manages 1 non-union Supervisor and 109 union employees, including interviewing, hiring, compliance training, terminations, discipline, grievances and other labor relations matters. The Manager works closely with building managers to ensure work requests are completed to tenant's satisfaction. Quality assurance including job site inspection and staff training. The position is also responsible for managing the department's budget, operating expenditures, and payroll, scheduling, measuring department performance and productivity, and special projects as needed.
• Management of day-to-day operations, customer service support, and follow up. Schedules work assignments, time off and resolve any scheduling/staffing conflicts. Ensures Custodians report to their assigned work areas on time, have the proper equipment, supplies, and training to perform all required tasks satisfactorily, and maintain consistent service levels.
• Handle weekly payroll sheets and attendance records for personnel. Provide employee counseling on such matters as work hours, attendance, attitude, work ethic, productivity, customer relations, time off, etc. Collaborates with Human Resources, Labor Relations, and direct reports on hiring, disciplinary actions, and terminations.
• Performs daily inspections to identify and address potential maintenance problems. Meet with direct reports, building managers, tenants and department management to ensure adequate service levels.
• Identify cost reduction opportunities including validation of the most cost-effective use of personnel, equipment, material and supplies, implement approved changes, establish benchmarks and capture cost savings identified.
• Establish productivity standards and implement continuous measurement systems to determine levels of quality required and levels of quality provided by personnel as well as contracted vendors. Create, update and maintain departmental guidelines and procedures manual. Monitor to ensure adherence.
• Liaise with other WBSO departments (e.g., OSPM, Studio Tour Hollywood, Productions, Special Events, Gardening, etc.) to provide services as needed and plan and implement services to new clients and buildings.
• Bachelor's Degree in business management preferred
• 3-5 years managing a budget, payroll, and other departmental expenditures strongly preferred
• Experience hiring and managing union employees, including evaluating work performance, counseling, coaching and terminations strongly preferred
• Five years' experience working in a large, multi-shift, multi-facility organization required
• Bilingual English/Spanish language skills highly preferred
• Proficiency in Word, Excel, Outlook required; knowledge of other PC based applications preferred
• Demonstrated ability to problem solve
• Proven ability to manage multiple priorities
• Solid communication, people and organization skills
• Strong customer service skills with dedication to customer satisfaction
• Ability to work effectively with all levels of management and personnel
• Must be proactive and capable of assuming additional responsibility as necessary
• Must be able to work extended work hours and/or non-traditional work shifts This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.