Manager, Business Resilience
Warner Bros.Tokyo, TY
Full Time Job
Location: Japan - Tokyo
The scope of responsibilities assigned to this position include planning, maintenance, and testing in the areas of Emergency Response, Crisis Management and Business Continuity for Japan and APAC region. The incumbent of this position must work closely with Business Units, Technical Teams, Information and Physical Security as well as external parties where required. Regularly review key business processes ensuring alignment with overall Enterprise Business Resilience (EBR) strategy.
• Conduct Risk Assessments and Business Impact Analysis, according to WarnerMedia standards, this may include interviews with Department Heads, and Crisis Management team in Japan and APAC region.
• Create, exercise and maintain Response, Recovery and Crisis Management plans for WM Group companies in Japan and APAC region.
• Collaborate across all Enterprise Business Resilience workstreams to integrate and promote the holistic strategy
• Provide Crisis Management support to impacted business/locations at the time of Incident/Crisis
• Conduct training and raise awareness to support and embed Enterprise Business Resilience across all levels of the organization
• Ensure Enterprise Business Resilience efforts company-wide are in compliance with company standards, emergency preparedness best practices, and internal/external audit requirements
• Co-work with HR Japan team as well as APAC team to implement any EBR efforts.
• Any other projects or project tasks as required
• The incumbent will independently manage work schedules/priorities and will determine what resources are required to support these priorities
• Determine appropriate budget to support business areas within scope of work
• Identify and recommend opportunities to refine processes to mitigate exposure during disruptions of service with a goal of helping to improve day-to-day operations
• Recommend recovery strategies that meet Business Resilience objectives in alignment with company standards
The minimum level of education, technical training or certification required:
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
• At least 5 years of experience in Business Continuity, Disaster Recovery, Risk Management, IT Project Management or similar position
• CBCP, CISSA, CISSP or MBCP, PMP certification desired
• If you have further professional qualifications or experience in the Emergency Services, Health & Safety, Security or Risk, that would be a real advantage.
Prior work experience necessary to perform the assigned duties:
• Prior business experience, preferably working for a multinational corporation
• Handling of crisis situations as a subject matter expert or otherwise part of a Crisis Management Team
• Completing business impact assessments
• Project management
• Proficient in utilizing MS Office Tools: Excel, Word, PowerPoint and SharePoint
• Use of Business Resilience tools such as Fusion
• Use of Emergency Notification tools such as AtHoc
Relevant knowledge/skills which are required to perform the job:
• Collaborative and value teamwork
• Ability to handle multiple tasks with changing priorities
• Strong analytical, organizational and decision-making skills
• Strong written and verbal communication skills in both Japanese and English
• Work flexible hours to accommodate international schedules and on-call work
• Able to travel as required
• Excellent relationship management, customer service, and influencing skills
• Proactively intervenes to solve problems and drive continuous improvement
• Excellent problem-solving skills
• Ability to exercise sound judgment and maintain strict confidentiality
• Asks questions, challenges information presented to ensure accurate, realistic and comprehensive
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.