Manager, Business Analytics - 18 Month Project
Warner Bros.Burbank, CA
Full Time Job
Location: United States - California - Burbank
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.Warner Bros. has been entertaining audiences for more than 90 years through the world's most-loved characters and franchises. Warner Bros. employs people all over the world in a wide variety of disciplines. We're always on the lookout for energetic, creative people to join our team.
Warner Bros. Consumer Products (WBCP), a Warner Bros. Entertainment Company, extends the Studio's powerful portfolio of entertainment brands and franchises into the lives of fans around the world. WBCP partners with best-in-class licensees globally on an award-winning range of toys, fashion, home décor, and publishing inspired by franchises and properties such as DC, Looney Tunes and Harry Potter.
The division's successful global themed entertainment business includes groundbreaking experiences such as The Wizarding World of Harry Potter and Warner Bros. World Abu Dhabi. With innovative global licensing and merchandising programs, retail initiatives, promotional partnerships and themed experiences, WBCP is one of the leading licensing and retail merchandising organizations in the world.
To be successful at WBCP, you must have a willingness to model our values and behaviors, champion diversity and inclusion, leverage data and insights to maximize the legacy of our deep brands and franchises while maintaining a commitment to fostering best-in-class talent.
WarnerMedia seeks a Manager, Business Analytics for an 18 month project with the WBCP Finance department. The Manager, Business Analytics position will focus on supporting the Business (Consumer Products and Retail Sales / Marketing) with quantitative and qualitative analysis to help further business initiatives, provide insights regarding retail opportunities and support financial analysis. This role will also be responsible for publishing weekly and monthly executive point-of-sale (POS) insights – providing analytical support to the business. The Manager, Business Analytics will report into the Director, Retail Analytics located in the Burbank office.
• Leverages our internal retail revenue systems to provide accurate retail data to assist in growing the business
• Partners with key account retailers to seamlessly transfer WB revenue
• Designs, analyzes and provides recommendation to support our product & franchise strategies at key accounts
• Monitors sell-in and sell-thru performance from internal point-of-sale business data
• Partners with sales teams and accounts to ensure key sales initiatives are achieved & develop annual targets
• Inventory management support to ensure successful sell-thru and business opportunities identified
• Participates in joint planning sessions to grow our business together through data-informed decision-making
• Evaluates and analyzes existing licensee performance driving overall profitability
• Develops and maintains feature placement and marketing reporting tools to ensure ROI alignment
• Analyzes account and market trends to provide competitive intelligence and impact on the market
• Builds and forecasts weekly retail seasonality curves based upon comp titles
• Champions fact-based selling to drive insight into action, while translating the data into powerful stories
• Develops compelling supporting materials for sales and marketing presentations
• Manages the production of regular and standard reports in support of key business objectives
• Provides Senior leadership updates and presentations
• Leads ad hoc projects, as requested
• Minimum 5 years of project management experience with a focus on retail and consumer products licensing
• Able to build strong working partnerships along with the ability to listen understand and influence
• Ability to craft concise recommendations based on thorough business and market analysis
• Ability to communicate complex ideas and data graphically in an effective way
• Ability to deliver on multiple assignments, meet tight deadlines and be effective and decisive under pressure
• Adaptability and flexibility to work well in a fast-paced, results-oriented and rapidly changing environment
• Team player with interpersonal ability to work with others and collaborate to achieve goals
• Ability to prioritize activities, manage timelines, and deal effectively with pressure
• Ability to take ownership of tasks and see them through to completion
• Ability to operate autonomously
• Excellent technical, analytical & organizational skills
• Experience with systems such as Tableau, Power BI, etc…
• Experience in developing and reporting business performance metrics
• Advanced PowerPoint skills, including ability to ''tell a story'' using PowerPoint
• Advanced Excel skills and knowledge of Access, Publisher and One Note
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.