Locksmith / Propmaker
Warner Bros.Burbank, CA
This was removed by the employer on 7/8/2021 10:04:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Crew Category
Browse the Studio Category
Search for Locksmith / Propmaker jobs in Burbank-CA
Search all Locksmith / Propmaker postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Locksmith / Propmaker?
Full Time Job
Location: United States - California - Burbank
Warner Bros. Studio Operations (WBSO) oversees the physical operations of the historic 110-acre main lot in Burbank including its 30 soundstages and 20-acre backlot, as well as production-related services including costume, set-dressing, construction, set lighting, catering, transportation, photography and much more. The production site also hosts tours for consumers offering guests intimate views at the inner workings of thriving entertainment studios.
Warner Bros. Studio Operations seeks a Locksmith/Propmaker for the Office Services & Property Management department.
The locksmith is responsible for the installation and maintenance of locks, keys and security systems. Duplicates keys, replaces and re-keys locks as necessary, and ensures that all security devices are in adequate working condition.
• Install, maintain and repair locks, cut keys, knowledge of master key systems, rekeying locks, reset pin #'s on programmable locks, and picking and bypassing locks as needed.
• Install, maintain and repair doors, door hardware, closers, hinges, frames, etc.
• Install, repair and troubleshoot automatic openers.
• Estimate, plan and inspect lock-related systems for maintenance and construction projects.
• Attend meetings as required for daily projects and additional assignments. Complete required record-keeping as directed by department procedures. Perform other duties as assigned.
• Installs, services, and repairs various types of locks and security devices.
• Installs and repairs door hardware and hydraulic closing fixtures.
• Disassembles locks; repairs and replaces worn tumblers, springs, and other parts.
• Cuts new or duplicate keys.
• Issues keys and maintains records of keys issued and returned.
• Ensures proper care in the use and maintenance of equipment and supplies; promotes continuous improvement of workplace safety and environmental practices.
• Troubleshoots, repairs, and maintains both mechanical locking and electronic key card systems.
• Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
• Ability to bypass locks using picks or shims
• Ability to make administrative/procedural decisions and judgments.
• In an emergency situation, ability to quickly open doors/locks and assist with building/stage security.
• Keeps records of company locks and keys and work performed.
• High school diploma or GED; at least 2 years of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
• Skill in the use of computers, preferably PC/Windows-based operating environment.
• Ability to cut and issue keys, re-key, install and repair locks and hardware.
• Records maintenance skills.
• Ability to interpret, implement, and maintain pre-defined master key systems.
• Ability to use hand and power tools applicable to trade.
• Ability to install, troubleshoot, and repair both mechanical locking and electronic access control devices.
• Ability to read, understand, follow, and enforce safety procedures.
• Skill in utilizing building security and lock systems and procedures.
• Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
• Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
• Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
• Access to in-house learning and development resources
• Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.